Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Mark Johnson, R-Hood River, will host an in-district town hall Sept. 29 in Welches to provide a legislative update, focusing specifically on K-12 and higher education issues.
The 6:30-7:30 p.m. town hall will be at the Hoodland Fire Department, 69634 E. Highway 26 in Welches. It is free to attend and open to the public.
"This was a historic session for education in Oregon. We passed a package of over a dozen education reform bills, increased the governor's budget by $100 million and made inroads in developing a stronger structure for supporting higher education in our state," said Johnson. "I think it's important to discuss these issues and get feedback from members of my community on what else we should be focusing on in our local schools and working on as a state as we move forward."
Members of the administration of the Oregon Trail School District will be special guests at the town hall to share their views on education and the legislature. Johnson is serving his second term on the Hood River County School Board and is a past chairman. During the interim, he serves as the co-chair on the House Higher Education Committee.
For questions or additional comments, contact Kristen Skiles at 503-986-1452 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge