Thursday, September 29, 2011
Full Sail Brewing turns 24 this month and to celebrate will release a new beer in their Brewer's Share lineup: Dan's de Familie Man Belgian IPA made by brewer Dan Peterson.
With each Brewer's Share series beer, Full Sail picks a local charity to receive a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the beer. Peterson has chosen to support the Hood River County Library Foundation with every keg sold of Dan de Familie (IBU 5, abv 7.8).
The Brewer's Share series is a lineup of small-batch draft beers where each "Full Sailor" takes a turn hand-crafting their own single-batch recipe and a portion of the proceeds benefit a local charity of their choosing.
"Dan de Familie Man is a Belgian IPA I present to you, as an interpretation of my family's quest to the West bringing what I know from the East and a humble tribute to what we found here," Peterson said.
Writes Peterson, "In my daily explorations by bike I came across a clearing in the woods known as The Family Man where folks brought their kids and bikes and did not dodge taxis and delivery trucks but enjoyed the forest and life. And in the evenings I explored the Northwest hops in all their incarnations as IPA, Imperial IPA and beyond."
Full Sail has scheduled two "Meet the Brewmaster and the Beer" events next week to showcase the new beer, both from 5-6:30 p.m.
The first event will be at Full Sail at Riverplace in Portland, Sept. 27. The second is Sept. 29 at the Full Sail Tasting Room and Pub in Hood River. The community is invited to join the Full Sail crew to celebrate and toast a pint of this new brew.
Dan de Familie man will also be featured at the Hood River Hops Fest Oct. 1. The next Brewer's Share will be brewed by Dan Nakamura in early 2012.
More like this story
- Heights house fire roars up Friday
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge