Saturday, April 14, 2012
Young ladies seeking an affordable option for prom and graduation dresses will be lining up Saturday before the doors open at the annual “Dress for Less” charity sales event.
The sale, scheduled for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, is free to attend.
Lucky girls will have a chance to buy a beautiful dress for just $10, with organizers donating event proceeds to local youth groups.
“This is a way to recycle and give back to the girls in the community,” said Christine Keith, event organizer. “It’s also a lot of fun.”
Last year’s event drew about 350 teens and parents during the four-hour event and more than 100 dresses were purchased.
“The girls are buying them for prom, dances, weddings and promotions,” said Keith. “We are happy to be able to provide dresses at an affordable price.”
New and gently used dresses, shoes, purses and accessories are also still being welcomed as donations to meet the need. Keith and supporters will take drop-offs at the door on Saturday.
Accessories, including shoes, purses and jewelry, are accepted and will be priced for sale at $3 on Saturday. All dress sizes are appreciated with both current and retro dress styles accepted.
The event represents a win-win-win for the community with closets cleared, youth groups supported and teen girls happy with an opportunity to own attractive and stylish gowns at an affordable cost.
More like this story
- Marimba ‘Mid Winter Party’
- YESTERYEARS: School District No. 3 projects new high school on May Street in 1926
- Are You Ready? Survival 101
- Lyle School celebrates standout science student
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Imagining a world with no winners and no losers
- The Ale List: Sense of Place lecture focuses on ‘hoppy history’
- Free tax help through April in HR and TD
- Sheriff Log, Jan. 24 to 31
- Police Log, Jan. 25 to 31
- Public Records: Building permits, city, January 2016