Wednesday, April 18, 2012
The Hood River County School District is addressing the challenge of educational growth by kicking off a strategic planning process to shape and guide the school district through year 2025.
The strategic planning process is an opportunity to involve everyone from the community in building a long-range vision for our public schools. The community engagement process will begin with three community sessions:
n May 16 — 6 p.m., Wy’east Middle School
n May 17 — 6 p.m., Hood River Middle School
n May 19 — 1 p.m., Cascade Locks School
The purpose of these community meetings is to collect interest for and to organize the Strategic Planning Committee. This committee will be a broad representation of parents, teachers, administration, board members, students and community, including senior citizens.
In the meantime, community members have a way to get some early feedback going by filling out some online forms including these questions:
n What is your perception of HRCSD’s current strengths? (Examples: instruction, program, facilities, curricular and technology, etc.)
n What is your perception of HRCSD’s current areas that are in need of improvement? (Examples: instruction, program, facilities, curricular and technology, etc.)
n What do you think the successful HRCSD graduate of 2025 will need to know and be able to do?
n What will HRCSD need to offer to produce the successful graduate of 2025? (Examples; instruction, program, facilities, curricular and technology, etc.)
For more information about the strategic planning process, and for questionnaires, check the school district website at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays