Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Charles “Chuck” Vanek passed away on April 15, 2012, surrounded by family at his home in Hood River, Ore. Chuck was born in David City, Neb., on May 16, 1918.
A memorial service will be held for Chuck on Saturday, April 21, at 10:30 a.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Lawrence Andrew White, 88, of Kalispell, Mont., died March 4, 2012, in Kalispell. He was born Dec. 7, 1923, in Odell, Ore., to James Andrew and Vera (Peterson) White.
Survivors include a sister, Mary White Ward, of Odell, and two daughters, Diane and Joan.
More like this story
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
- Sports briefs for May 24
- Fresh and Local: Farmers Markets in the Gorge
- Gorge Scenic Area planning grant uncertain
- Wrong-way chase and arrest
- Ex-deputy sentenced for luring a minor
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge