Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Charles “Chuck” Vanek passed away on April 15, 2012, surrounded by family at his home in Hood River, Ore. Chuck was born in David City, Neb., on May 16, 1918.
A memorial service will be held for Chuck on Saturday, April 21, at 10:30 a.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Lawrence Andrew White, 88, of Kalispell, Mont., died March 4, 2012, in Kalispell. He was born Dec. 7, 1923, in Odell, Ore., to James Andrew and Vera (Peterson) White.
Survivors include a sister, Mary White Ward, of Odell, and two daughters, Diane and Joan.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge