Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Charles “Chuck” Vanek passed away on April 15, 2012, surrounded by family at his home in Hood River, Ore. Chuck was born in David City, Neb., on May 16, 1918.
A memorial service will be held for Chuck on Saturday, April 21, at 10:30 a.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Lawrence Andrew White, 88, of Kalispell, Mont., died March 4, 2012, in Kalispell. He was born Dec. 7, 1923, in Odell, Ore., to James Andrew and Vera (Peterson) White.
Survivors include a sister, Mary White Ward, of Odell, and two daughters, Diane and Joan.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge