Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Charles “Chuck” Vanek passed away on April 15, 2012, surrounded by family at his home in Hood River, Ore. Chuck was born in David City, Neb., on May 16, 1918.
A memorial service will be held for Chuck on Saturday, April 21, at 10:30 a.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Lawrence Andrew White, 88, of Kalispell, Mont., died March 4, 2012, in Kalispell. He was born Dec. 7, 1923, in Odell, Ore., to James Andrew and Vera (Peterson) White.
Survivors include a sister, Mary White Ward, of Odell, and two daughters, Diane and Joan.
More like this story
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge