Wednesday, April 18, 2012
The History Museum of Hood River County is offering walking tours of downtown Hood River on Saturdays at 10 a.m. between May 19 and June 30. Knowledgeable museum staff will help participants explore the architecture, history and cultural importance of many of the city’s well-preserved buildings.
Walking tours will begin and end at the patio adjacent to the Hood River County Library on State Street (across from the Hood River News). Tours last about an hour and there is a $5 suggested donation.
“We are very excited to have this great opportunity to share the cultural history of the downtown area in this way,” said Connie Nice, museum coordinator. “I hope that people will take time to participate in this community event and will spread the word to friends, family and visitors.”
For more information contact The History Museum’s education and volunteer coordinator, Casey Housen, at 541-386-6772 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge