Wednesday, April 18, 2012
The Hood River Valley girls lacrosse team finds itself in the thick of the PIL league standings after blasting Grant 17-3 Friday.
The easy win got the Eagles above .500 at 3-2 and put them into a tie with St. Mary’s for fourth place in the league standings.
The Eagles and Blues were scheduled to meet in Hood River today after the Eagles played at undefeated Lincoln Tuesday night.
After giving up a pair of early goals to the Generals Friday, the Eagles bore down and put the game away by halftime. Ashley Sellner led the Eagle scoring effort with four goals. Kristin Lago had a strong all-around game with three goals and three assists. Kayla Van Hoose also had three goals for HRV.
HRV kept the Grant defense busy the entire game, sending 35 shots at the Grant goal.
On defense, Cristina Silva saved eight of 11 shots taken against her for HRV while Ricki Swearingen and Lago combined to collect nine ground balls.
The Eagles dominated possession of the ball, collecting 27 ground balls to Grant’s 12.
More like this story
- Eagle girls lax fends off Blues for big win
- Eagle girls lacrosse fends off Blues for big win
- Eagle lacrosse tastes victory as key league games approach
- Steven Crouch and the Eagle lacrosse unloads on La Salle in regular season finale, sends HRV to the playoffs
- HRV lax girls qualify for state with OT win
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge