Wednesday, April 18, 2012
The Hood River Valley girls lacrosse team finds itself in the thick of the PIL league standings after blasting Grant 17-3 Friday.
The easy win got the Eagles above .500 at 3-2 and put them into a tie with St. Mary’s for fourth place in the league standings.
The Eagles and Blues were scheduled to meet in Hood River today after the Eagles played at undefeated Lincoln Tuesday night.
After giving up a pair of early goals to the Generals Friday, the Eagles bore down and put the game away by halftime. Ashley Sellner led the Eagle scoring effort with four goals. Kristin Lago had a strong all-around game with three goals and three assists. Kayla Van Hoose also had three goals for HRV.
HRV kept the Grant defense busy the entire game, sending 35 shots at the Grant goal.
On defense, Cristina Silva saved eight of 11 shots taken against her for HRV while Ricki Swearingen and Lago combined to collect nine ground balls.
The Eagles dominated possession of the ball, collecting 27 ground balls to Grant’s 12.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge