Tuesday, April 24, 2012
James Arthur Smith died April 12, 2012. He was born Dec. 26, 1921, in Hood River County, Ore., to Alvy and Laura Smith.
He is survived by his wife of 66 years, Barbara, and his son, Larry Smith, of Rohnert Park, Calif.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge