Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Beginning May 4, The Dalles Dam Visitor Center will be open to the public Friday through Sunday. The weekend schedule continues until June 15, when the visitor center opens daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to visitors.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers invites the public to learn about hydropower, navigation, recreation, fish passage and much more at The Dalles Lock and Dam Visitor Center.
Following Labor Day weekend, the visitor center will again open only on weekends through the end of September.
More like this story
- Death notices for Nov. 28
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge