Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Beginning May 4, The Dalles Dam Visitor Center will be open to the public Friday through Sunday. The weekend schedule continues until June 15, when the visitor center opens daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to visitors.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers invites the public to learn about hydropower, navigation, recreation, fish passage and much more at The Dalles Lock and Dam Visitor Center.
Following Labor Day weekend, the visitor center will again open only on weekends through the end of September.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge