Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Beginning May 4, The Dalles Dam Visitor Center will be open to the public Friday through Sunday. The weekend schedule continues until June 15, when the visitor center opens daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to visitors.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers invites the public to learn about hydropower, navigation, recreation, fish passage and much more at The Dalles Lock and Dam Visitor Center.
Following Labor Day weekend, the visitor center will again open only on weekends through the end of September.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge