Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Hood River Special Olympic Athlete Mariah Langer was chosen Athlete of the Month for SOOR Oregon.
Over a 29-year period she has been competing in SOOR Sports including skiing, track and field, basketball golf, swimming, bowling and bocce. Her wall of medals proves her love and dedication for the sports.
Athletes recognize Mariah’s leadership and commitment for her involvement in sports, fundraiser activities and community affairs.
Mariah holds the seat of VP on the Arc of the Mid Columbia Board (two-year term), which works with individuals with disabilities and also helps with respite care. They meet once a month and plan fundraisers and have a Friendship Club that meets once a month at the Adult Center in Hood River.
For the last five-plus years she has been on the board of Eastern Oregon Service Brokerage, which services all of Eastern Oregon.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge