Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Hood River Special Olympic Athlete Mariah Langer was chosen Athlete of the Month for SOOR Oregon.
Over a 29-year period she has been competing in SOOR Sports including skiing, track and field, basketball golf, swimming, bowling and bocce. Her wall of medals proves her love and dedication for the sports.
Athletes recognize Mariah’s leadership and commitment for her involvement in sports, fundraiser activities and community affairs.
Mariah holds the seat of VP on the Arc of the Mid Columbia Board (two-year term), which works with individuals with disabilities and also helps with respite care. They meet once a month and plan fundraisers and have a Friendship Club that meets once a month at the Adult Center in Hood River.
For the last five-plus years she has been on the board of Eastern Oregon Service Brokerage, which services all of Eastern Oregon.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge