Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Hood River Special Olympic Athlete Mariah Langer was chosen Athlete of the Month for SOOR Oregon.
Over a 29-year period she has been competing in SOOR Sports including skiing, track and field, basketball golf, swimming, bowling and bocce. Her wall of medals proves her love and dedication for the sports.
Athletes recognize Mariah’s leadership and commitment for her involvement in sports, fundraiser activities and community affairs.
Mariah holds the seat of VP on the Arc of the Mid Columbia Board (two-year term), which works with individuals with disabilities and also helps with respite care. They meet once a month and plan fundraisers and have a Friendship Club that meets once a month at the Adult Center in Hood River.
For the last five-plus years she has been on the board of Eastern Oregon Service Brokerage, which services all of Eastern Oregon.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge