Wednesday, April 25, 2012
The Senior All-Night Party Committee for the Class of 2012 would like to remind parents of graduating seniors that if they have not already done so, to please turn in the student’s permission slip and $35 fee.
Permission slips and payments may be sent to Project Graduation 2012, 1767 12th St. #178, Hood River, OR 97031, or given to Wendy Herman at Hood River Valley High School. Please make checks payable to Project Graduation 2012.
The committee is collecting photos of 2012 class members from their earlier school days. Please submit these ASAP to the same address above, or you may contact Elaine Walker at email@example.com. Photos may also be dropped off to Wendy at HRVHS.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
- Rough night for the eagles
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge