Wednesday, August 8, 2012
The first in what is planned to be an annual golf tournament, called the Horizon Christian Fallen Heroes Memorial Tournament, was held over the weekend and hailed as a success. Fifty-one golfers turned out for the event, held at Hood River Golf and Country Club in memory of former Horizon students Mark Lee and Dale Goetz, both of whom were killed overseas serving the U.S. military.
The tournament was a four-person scramble. Finishing first with a score of 59 was the team of Paul and Victoria Sample, Andy Hoffman and Josh Waller. In a close second with 61 were Micah, Mitch and Mike Engle and Steve Gunn.
Other highlights are as follows:
KP hole 7: Ray Kulpur
KP hole 15: Alex Petshow
Long drive hole 2: David Rovianek
Long drive hole 10: Josh Waller
Short drive hole 6: Mike Houghland
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge