Wednesday, August 8, 2012
The first in what is planned to be an annual golf tournament, called the Horizon Christian Fallen Heroes Memorial Tournament, was held over the weekend and hailed as a success. Fifty-one golfers turned out for the event, held at Hood River Golf and Country Club in memory of former Horizon students Mark Lee and Dale Goetz, both of whom were killed overseas serving the U.S. military.
The tournament was a four-person scramble. Finishing first with a score of 59 was the team of Paul and Victoria Sample, Andy Hoffman and Josh Waller. In a close second with 61 were Micah, Mitch and Mike Engle and Steve Gunn.
Other highlights are as follows:
KP hole 7: Ray Kulpur
KP hole 15: Alex Petshow
Long drive hole 2: David Rovianek
Long drive hole 10: Josh Waller
Short drive hole 6: Mike Houghland
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge