Wednesday, August 8, 2012
The first in what is planned to be an annual golf tournament, called the Horizon Christian Fallen Heroes Memorial Tournament, was held over the weekend and hailed as a success. Fifty-one golfers turned out for the event, held at Hood River Golf and Country Club in memory of former Horizon students Mark Lee and Dale Goetz, both of whom were killed overseas serving the U.S. military.
The tournament was a four-person scramble. Finishing first with a score of 59 was the team of Paul and Victoria Sample, Andy Hoffman and Josh Waller. In a close second with 61 were Micah, Mitch and Mike Engle and Steve Gunn.
Other highlights are as follows:
KP hole 7: Ray Kulpur
KP hole 15: Alex Petshow
Long drive hole 2: David Rovianek
Long drive hole 10: Josh Waller
Short drive hole 6: Mike Houghland
More like this story
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
- Cougar Creek fire creeps north
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge