Saturday, August 11, 2012
Hood River Sports Club’s 2.5 U.S. Tennis Association women’s team plays this weekend in a sectional playoff tournament in Portland. The team advanced to the tournament after a 5-0 sweep at the Eastern Washington Regional Tournament earlier his year.
The team faces tough competition this weekend as it tries to qualify for the next level of action; the USTA National Tournament held next month in Rancho Mirage, Calif.
Team members are Megan Schilling (captain), Jan Carmicheal, Kate Karlson, Karen Ostrye, Kathryn Guisto, Renee Vandegriend, Linda Hanners, Shayla Fleischer, Bea Hager and coach Kevin Beeson.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge