Saturday, August 11, 2012
Hood River Sports Club’s 2.5 U.S. Tennis Association women’s team plays this weekend in a sectional playoff tournament in Portland. The team advanced to the tournament after a 5-0 sweep at the Eastern Washington Regional Tournament earlier his year.
The team faces tough competition this weekend as it tries to qualify for the next level of action; the USTA National Tournament held next month in Rancho Mirage, Calif.
Team members are Megan Schilling (captain), Jan Carmicheal, Kate Karlson, Karen Ostrye, Kathryn Guisto, Renee Vandegriend, Linda Hanners, Shayla Fleischer, Bea Hager and coach Kevin Beeson.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge