Saturday, August 11, 2012
Hood River Sports Club’s 2.5 U.S. Tennis Association women’s team plays this weekend in a sectional playoff tournament in Portland. The team advanced to the tournament after a 5-0 sweep at the Eastern Washington Regional Tournament earlier his year.
The team faces tough competition this weekend as it tries to qualify for the next level of action; the USTA National Tournament held next month in Rancho Mirage, Calif.
Team members are Megan Schilling (captain), Jan Carmicheal, Kate Karlson, Karen Ostrye, Kathryn Guisto, Renee Vandegriend, Linda Hanners, Shayla Fleischer, Bea Hager and coach Kevin Beeson.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for April 29
- Library District wins award for Odell Library Express project
- OSU spring plant sale canceled
- HRVHS music students win spots at state championships in May
- Summer youth employment at Next Door
- Patterson takes second at Oregon Speech event
- Delta Kappa marks 50 years, holds Spring Fling Bingo May 13
- Steelhead Robotics returns from World event
- Local students named to OSU honor roll
- Destination Imagination team prepares for Global Finals
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge