Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Johnny Garland Roberts, 78, passed away on Aug. 20, 2012, at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital in Hood River, Ore. Johnny was born Feb. 15, 1934.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
James Edward Sharp, born oc. 30, 1981, died suddenly on Aug. 10, 2012, at age 30. James was preceded in death by his father, Dennis, and by his brother Denny Opdahl.
He is survived by his wife, Brenda, three children: Autumn, Ella and Mason Sharp; parents Debra and Daniel Sharp; siblings Beverly Rashoff, Tim Opdahl, Jared Sharp, Jill Pullen, Shane Sharp, Jamie Sharp, Breanna Hills, and Matthew Sharp; and many nieces and nephews.
There will be private services held. Arrangements are under the direction of hill Funeral Home, 217 E. Pioneer Ave., Puyallup, WA 98372-3263; 253-845-1172.
Robert James “Bob” Cree died Monday, Aug. 20, 2012, at home, with his family beside him.
At his request, there will be no services.
In lieu of flowers, please consider a contribution to Columbia Gorge Arts in Education (http://cgaie.org/), the Odell Fire Department (http://www.odellfire.com/), Provident Hospice of the Gorge (Hood River), or a charity of your choice to benefit children.
More like this story
- Death Notices: James Stoller; John Short; Charles ‘Slim’ Woody; Kenneth Gibbons
- Death notices for April 12: James Ingraham, Dennis Heil, Terrence Erickson, Jerry Kelly and Leo Dillon
- Death Notices, Oct. 14 edition: Mary Sharp, Dona Wood and Robert Talbert
- Death notices for Jan. 5, 2013
- Death notices for Sept. 3
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge