Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Johnny Garland Roberts, 78, passed away on Aug. 20, 2012, at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital in Hood River, Ore. Johnny was born Feb. 15, 1934.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
James Edward Sharp, born oc. 30, 1981, died suddenly on Aug. 10, 2012, at age 30. James was preceded in death by his father, Dennis, and by his brother Denny Opdahl.
He is survived by his wife, Brenda, three children: Autumn, Ella and Mason Sharp; parents Debra and Daniel Sharp; siblings Beverly Rashoff, Tim Opdahl, Jared Sharp, Jill Pullen, Shane Sharp, Jamie Sharp, Breanna Hills, and Matthew Sharp; and many nieces and nephews.
There will be private services held. Arrangements are under the direction of hill Funeral Home, 217 E. Pioneer Ave., Puyallup, WA 98372-3263; 253-845-1172.
Robert James “Bob” Cree died Monday, Aug. 20, 2012, at home, with his family beside him.
At his request, there will be no services.
In lieu of flowers, please consider a contribution to Columbia Gorge Arts in Education (http://cgaie.org/), the Odell Fire Department (http://www.odellfire.com/), Provident Hospice of the Gorge (Hood River), or a charity of your choice to benefit children.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge