Wednesday, August 22, 2012
The Hood River County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a local man who allegedly attacked a woman at a Highway 35 farm on Saturday afternoon. The suspect is identified as Edgar Omar Rodriquez-Garibo, 38.
On Aug. 18, just after 1:30 p.m., deputies responded to the Draper Girls Farm in the 6200 block of Highway 35 on a report that an employee had attacked orchard owner Theresa Draper with a knife.
During a phone interview, Draper declined comment while the case is under investigation, but confirmed she was recovering. As of press time on Tuesday, the suspect was still at large.
According to HRCSO Det. Matt English, the suspect fled the scene on foot after the attack against Draper, who was later treated at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital and released.
Rodriguez has worked and lived at farms in the Parkdale area for several years. He has worked at Draper farms for the last six years and is familiar with the area, according to English.
He is described as 5 foot 8 inches tall and 140 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Rodriguez was last seen at an Allen Road residence early Sunday morning. Vehicles known to have been used by Rodriguez remain at his former residence.
If you see Rodriguez or have information regarding his whereabouts, you are asked to call the sheriff’s office immediately at 541-386-2711.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge