Wednesday, August 22, 2012
The Hood River County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a local man who allegedly attacked a woman at a Highway 35 farm on Saturday afternoon. The suspect is identified as Edgar Omar Rodriquez-Garibo, 38.
On Aug. 18, just after 1:30 p.m., deputies responded to the Draper Girls Farm in the 6200 block of Highway 35 on a report that an employee had attacked orchard owner Theresa Draper with a knife.
During a phone interview, Draper declined comment while the case is under investigation, but confirmed she was recovering. As of press time on Tuesday, the suspect was still at large.
According to HRCSO Det. Matt English, the suspect fled the scene on foot after the attack against Draper, who was later treated at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital and released.
Rodriguez has worked and lived at farms in the Parkdale area for several years. He has worked at Draper farms for the last six years and is familiar with the area, according to English.
He is described as 5 foot 8 inches tall and 140 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Rodriguez was last seen at an Allen Road residence early Sunday morning. Vehicles known to have been used by Rodriguez remain at his former residence.
If you see Rodriguez or have information regarding his whereabouts, you are asked to call the sheriff’s office immediately at 541-386-2711.
More like this story
- Schools seek applicants for budget panel
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge