Wednesday, August 22, 2012
The Hood River County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a local man who allegedly attacked a woman at a Highway 35 farm on Saturday afternoon. The suspect is identified as Edgar Omar Rodriquez-Garibo, 38.
On Aug. 18, just after 1:30 p.m., deputies responded to the Draper Girls Farm in the 6200 block of Highway 35 on a report that an employee had attacked orchard owner Theresa Draper with a knife.
During a phone interview, Draper declined comment while the case is under investigation, but confirmed she was recovering. As of press time on Tuesday, the suspect was still at large.
According to HRCSO Det. Matt English, the suspect fled the scene on foot after the attack against Draper, who was later treated at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital and released.
Rodriguez has worked and lived at farms in the Parkdale area for several years. He has worked at Draper farms for the last six years and is familiar with the area, according to English.
He is described as 5 foot 8 inches tall and 140 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Rodriguez was last seen at an Allen Road residence early Sunday morning. Vehicles known to have been used by Rodriguez remain at his former residence.
If you see Rodriguez or have information regarding his whereabouts, you are asked to call the sheriff’s office immediately at 541-386-2711.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge