Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Odell Odell glass artist Laurel Marie Hagner has a new commissioned glass sculpture entitled “Woven Essence” at a law firm in the nation’s capital.
The 5-by-5-foot piece was recently installed in Washington, D.C., at Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge, Rice.
Hagner is the owner and artist behind Glassometry Studios, located on Neal Creek Mill Road outside of Odell.
She received her BFA cum laude from N. Kentucky University in 2000, studied at Penland School of Crafts, Pilchuck Glass School and Centro Studio Vetro, in Venice, Italy.
She has taught glass and metal classes at the Pratt Fine Arts Center, Pacific Northwest College of Art, and others.
Her studio includes hot and cold shops, a kiln-forming area for architectural production, metal and wood shops for large and small projects, a gallery and sculpture garden.
Hagner said her artistic mission is to evolve as a craftsperson and share ideas and opportunities of expression with the community, with an emphasis on creating public art.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge