Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Odell Odell glass artist Laurel Marie Hagner has a new commissioned glass sculpture entitled “Woven Essence” at a law firm in the nation’s capital.
The 5-by-5-foot piece was recently installed in Washington, D.C., at Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge, Rice.
Hagner is the owner and artist behind Glassometry Studios, located on Neal Creek Mill Road outside of Odell.
She received her BFA cum laude from N. Kentucky University in 2000, studied at Penland School of Crafts, Pilchuck Glass School and Centro Studio Vetro, in Venice, Italy.
She has taught glass and metal classes at the Pratt Fine Arts Center, Pacific Northwest College of Art, and others.
Her studio includes hot and cold shops, a kiln-forming area for architectural production, metal and wood shops for large and small projects, a gallery and sculpture garden.
Hagner said her artistic mission is to evolve as a craftsperson and share ideas and opportunities of expression with the community, with an emphasis on creating public art.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge