Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Odell Odell glass artist Laurel Marie Hagner has a new commissioned glass sculpture entitled “Woven Essence” at a law firm in the nation’s capital.
The 5-by-5-foot piece was recently installed in Washington, D.C., at Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge, Rice.
Hagner is the owner and artist behind Glassometry Studios, located on Neal Creek Mill Road outside of Odell.
She received her BFA cum laude from N. Kentucky University in 2000, studied at Penland School of Crafts, Pilchuck Glass School and Centro Studio Vetro, in Venice, Italy.
She has taught glass and metal classes at the Pratt Fine Arts Center, Pacific Northwest College of Art, and others.
Her studio includes hot and cold shops, a kiln-forming area for architectural production, metal and wood shops for large and small projects, a gallery and sculpture garden.
Hagner said her artistic mission is to evolve as a craftsperson and share ideas and opportunities of expression with the community, with an emphasis on creating public art.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge