Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Odell Odell glass artist Laurel Marie Hagner has a new commissioned glass sculpture entitled “Woven Essence” at a law firm in the nation’s capital.
The 5-by-5-foot piece was recently installed in Washington, D.C., at Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge, Rice.
Hagner is the owner and artist behind Glassometry Studios, located on Neal Creek Mill Road outside of Odell.
She received her BFA cum laude from N. Kentucky University in 2000, studied at Penland School of Crafts, Pilchuck Glass School and Centro Studio Vetro, in Venice, Italy.
She has taught glass and metal classes at the Pratt Fine Arts Center, Pacific Northwest College of Art, and others.
Her studio includes hot and cold shops, a kiln-forming area for architectural production, metal and wood shops for large and small projects, a gallery and sculpture garden.
Hagner said her artistic mission is to evolve as a craftsperson and share ideas and opportunities of expression with the community, with an emphasis on creating public art.
More like this story
- Death Notices for July 26: Michael de Socarraz, Milton Fridley, Shannon Lindell, Earline Matson, Billy Vann and Otilia Vann
- Service announcements for July 26: Ralene Cooper, Joshua Parke and Robert Gilmore
- Summer fun: a look ahead
- Eagle Creek fire flares up
- The Fair has fun for all
- Church News for July 22
- Letters to the Editor for July 22
- 6 to Watch: Engage the city street safety survey
- Groups host July 26 forum on Westside Plan
- Hood River News earns ONPA awards
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge