Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Odell Odell glass artist Laurel Marie Hagner has a new commissioned glass sculpture entitled “Woven Essence” at a law firm in the nation’s capital.
The 5-by-5-foot piece was recently installed in Washington, D.C., at Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge, Rice.
Hagner is the owner and artist behind Glassometry Studios, located on Neal Creek Mill Road outside of Odell.
She received her BFA cum laude from N. Kentucky University in 2000, studied at Penland School of Crafts, Pilchuck Glass School and Centro Studio Vetro, in Venice, Italy.
She has taught glass and metal classes at the Pratt Fine Arts Center, Pacific Northwest College of Art, and others.
Her studio includes hot and cold shops, a kiln-forming area for architectural production, metal and wood shops for large and small projects, a gallery and sculpture garden.
Hagner said her artistic mission is to evolve as a craftsperson and share ideas and opportunities of expression with the community, with an emphasis on creating public art.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge