Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Jane Mary Boyd, 90, passed away on Aug. 26, 2012, at her home in Hood River, Ore. Jane was born March 30, 1922, in San Francisco, Calif., to Leslie and Florence Forrest.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstribute-cen-ter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Sue Jensen passed away on Aug. 22, 2012, at her home. She was born Feb. 7, 1929.
Services will be held Saturday, Sept. 22, at 2 p.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center. Remembrances may be made to Providence Hospice of the Gorge in care of Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 5641-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecen-ter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Robert Racine passed away Aug. 28, 2012, at Providence Brookside Manor in Hood River, Ore. He was born Sept. 20, 1920.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstribute-center.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
- Scholarship Benefit Saturday
- HAHRC Beats: Enjoy food more while eating less
- Area Agency on Aging seeks to redefine volunteering during National Volunteer Week, April 23-29
- Día de los Niños celebration April 28
- Drug Take Back Day April 29 at Skyline
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge