Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Elaine Busby, local television professional and writer, has released a new novel entitled “On the Rocks” about a singer-songwriter poised to take the music world by storm if she can keep her personal demons at bay.
Published by Oak Tree Press, the 222-page book sells for $14.95 and is available at bookstores and Amazon.com.
Busby’s first novel, “Burning Questions,” won the 2005 Timeless Love Contest. She is known for hosting PM Magazine and creating her own Northwest Emmy nominated shows.
She now lives in Hood River with her husband, Paul Thompson, and their daughter, Allison.
“On the Rocks” synopsis:
Panic attacks start to plague Jade, just as this musician’s career begins escalating. An L.A. restaurant owner, Calvin Collins, helps her recover, then wines and dines his way into her heart. However, Jade’s agent warns her that Calvin has an unsavory back story.
As their romance develops, Jade starts climbing the charts with her new CD. Her panic attacks are also on the rise, and the L.A. gossip mill would love to roast Calvin —all issues she’d rather ignore than investigate.
Will Jade’s life end up “On the Rocks,” like the dark song she’s been composing? Or will she find the strength to seek the truth and sing those secrets into the light?
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events