Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Elaine Busby, local television professional and writer, has released a new novel entitled “On the Rocks” about a singer-songwriter poised to take the music world by storm if she can keep her personal demons at bay.
Published by Oak Tree Press, the 222-page book sells for $14.95 and is available at bookstores and Amazon.com.
Busby’s first novel, “Burning Questions,” won the 2005 Timeless Love Contest. She is known for hosting PM Magazine and creating her own Northwest Emmy nominated shows.
She now lives in Hood River with her husband, Paul Thompson, and their daughter, Allison.
“On the Rocks” synopsis:
Panic attacks start to plague Jade, just as this musician’s career begins escalating. An L.A. restaurant owner, Calvin Collins, helps her recover, then wines and dines his way into her heart. However, Jade’s agent warns her that Calvin has an unsavory back story.
As their romance develops, Jade starts climbing the charts with her new CD. Her panic attacks are also on the rise, and the L.A. gossip mill would love to roast Calvin —all issues she’d rather ignore than investigate.
Will Jade’s life end up “On the Rocks,” like the dark song she’s been composing? Or will she find the strength to seek the truth and sing those secrets into the light?
More like this story
- ‘Invention Camp’ Aug. 14-18
- Death Notice for July 29: Dixie Graham
- Service announcements for July 29: Joshua Parke, Jason DeGeus, Maxine Carter and Robert Gilmore
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge