Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Elaine Busby, local television professional and writer, has released a new novel entitled “On the Rocks” about a singer-songwriter poised to take the music world by storm if she can keep her personal demons at bay.
Published by Oak Tree Press, the 222-page book sells for $14.95 and is available at bookstores and Amazon.com.
Busby’s first novel, “Burning Questions,” won the 2005 Timeless Love Contest. She is known for hosting PM Magazine and creating her own Northwest Emmy nominated shows.
She now lives in Hood River with her husband, Paul Thompson, and their daughter, Allison.
“On the Rocks” synopsis:
Panic attacks start to plague Jade, just as this musician’s career begins escalating. An L.A. restaurant owner, Calvin Collins, helps her recover, then wines and dines his way into her heart. However, Jade’s agent warns her that Calvin has an unsavory back story.
As their romance develops, Jade starts climbing the charts with her new CD. Her panic attacks are also on the rise, and the L.A. gossip mill would love to roast Calvin —all issues she’d rather ignore than investigate.
Will Jade’s life end up “On the Rocks,” like the dark song she’s been composing? Or will she find the strength to seek the truth and sing those secrets into the light?
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge