Tuesday, December 4, 2012
The Odell Garden Club held its annual swag and wreath-making event Nov. 19. Members created wreaths and swags for downtown Odell businesses, and then for their own homes. Parkdale and Dufur garden clubs attended as well, and everyone enjoyed a potluck lunch served by Kay Lincoln, Elizabeth Spiker and Jill McBee.
Wy’east Middle School’s Splash Into Science group is looking for parent volunteers to chaperone the winter dance Dec. 14. The group is raising money for a week-long marine science class in Florida during spring break. Call Susan Arechaga or Teri Adams at 541-354-1548 to help.
Progress reports will be sent home Dec. 14, and winter vacation is scheduled for Dec. 24 through Jan. 6. “Please be extra observant as you drive the streets of Hood River County and watch for children on foot, riding bikes, longboards and hopefully sleds,” says school representative Teri Adams.
Community Education is currently taking youth basketball registrations for boys and girls in grades 3-6. Sign up before Dec. 10 and get a discounted rate of $58 per player; after Dec. 10, cost is $72. To register, call the office at 541-386-2055 or visit www.hrcommunityed.org.
The Community Ed site has a new registration system, so usernames and passwords used before September 2012 are no longer valid. To receive a new user ID and password, individual and/or family information will need to be reentered when registering for the first time under the new system.
More like this story
- Service Announcements for Aug. 19 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Death Notices for Aug. 19 edition: Judith Harmon, Everett Marvel, Edward Leiblein, Joseph Aragon, Rodney VanRiper, Mary Fields, Luis Rodriguez Ayala and Maurine Wattles
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge