Tuesday, December 4, 2012
The Odell Garden Club held its annual swag and wreath-making event Nov. 19. Members created wreaths and swags for downtown Odell businesses, and then for their own homes. Parkdale and Dufur garden clubs attended as well, and everyone enjoyed a potluck lunch served by Kay Lincoln, Elizabeth Spiker and Jill McBee.
Wy’east Middle School’s Splash Into Science group is looking for parent volunteers to chaperone the winter dance Dec. 14. The group is raising money for a week-long marine science class in Florida during spring break. Call Susan Arechaga or Teri Adams at 541-354-1548 to help.
Progress reports will be sent home Dec. 14, and winter vacation is scheduled for Dec. 24 through Jan. 6. “Please be extra observant as you drive the streets of Hood River County and watch for children on foot, riding bikes, longboards and hopefully sleds,” says school representative Teri Adams.
Community Education is currently taking youth basketball registrations for boys and girls in grades 3-6. Sign up before Dec. 10 and get a discounted rate of $58 per player; after Dec. 10, cost is $72. To register, call the office at 541-386-2055 or visit www.hrcommunityed.org.
The Community Ed site has a new registration system, so usernames and passwords used before September 2012 are no longer valid. To receive a new user ID and password, individual and/or family information will need to be reentered when registering for the first time under the new system.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge