Tuesday, December 4, 2012
The Odell Garden Club held its annual swag and wreath-making event Nov. 19. Members created wreaths and swags for downtown Odell businesses, and then for their own homes. Parkdale and Dufur garden clubs attended as well, and everyone enjoyed a potluck lunch served by Kay Lincoln, Elizabeth Spiker and Jill McBee.
Wy’east Middle School’s Splash Into Science group is looking for parent volunteers to chaperone the winter dance Dec. 14. The group is raising money for a week-long marine science class in Florida during spring break. Call Susan Arechaga or Teri Adams at 541-354-1548 to help.
Progress reports will be sent home Dec. 14, and winter vacation is scheduled for Dec. 24 through Jan. 6. “Please be extra observant as you drive the streets of Hood River County and watch for children on foot, riding bikes, longboards and hopefully sleds,” says school representative Teri Adams.
Community Education is currently taking youth basketball registrations for boys and girls in grades 3-6. Sign up before Dec. 10 and get a discounted rate of $58 per player; after Dec. 10, cost is $72. To register, call the office at 541-386-2055 or visit www.hrcommunityed.org.
The Community Ed site has a new registration system, so usernames and passwords used before September 2012 are no longer valid. To receive a new user ID and password, individual and/or family information will need to be reentered when registering for the first time under the new system.
More like this story
- Service Annoucement for July 30: Del Gierke
- Death Notice for July 30: James Perry
- Schools seek applicants for budget panel
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge