Tuesday, December 4, 2012
The Odell Garden Club held its annual swag and wreath-making event Nov. 19. Members created wreaths and swags for downtown Odell businesses, and then for their own homes. Parkdale and Dufur garden clubs attended as well, and everyone enjoyed a potluck lunch served by Kay Lincoln, Elizabeth Spiker and Jill McBee.
Wy’east Middle School’s Splash Into Science group is looking for parent volunteers to chaperone the winter dance Dec. 14. The group is raising money for a week-long marine science class in Florida during spring break. Call Susan Arechaga or Teri Adams at 541-354-1548 to help.
Progress reports will be sent home Dec. 14, and winter vacation is scheduled for Dec. 24 through Jan. 6. “Please be extra observant as you drive the streets of Hood River County and watch for children on foot, riding bikes, longboards and hopefully sleds,” says school representative Teri Adams.
Community Education is currently taking youth basketball registrations for boys and girls in grades 3-6. Sign up before Dec. 10 and get a discounted rate of $58 per player; after Dec. 10, cost is $72. To register, call the office at 541-386-2055 or visit www.hrcommunityed.org.
The Community Ed site has a new registration system, so usernames and passwords used before September 2012 are no longer valid. To receive a new user ID and password, individual and/or family information will need to be reentered when registering for the first time under the new system.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge