Tuesday, December 4, 2012
U.S. Rep. Greg Walden today announced that he will hold a telephone town hall discussion on Thursday, from 1 to 2 p.m.
Rep. Walden will answer questions from residents of Oregon’s Second District on a variety of topics, including ways to get our economy going.
“These telephone town halls are another effective way for me to hear from the people I work to represent,” Walden said.
RSVP by 5 p.m. PST on Dec. 5. To register, contact Rep. Walden’s office toll-free at 1-800- 533-3303.
More like this story
- Death notice for April 30: Ronald Grindy
- Service announcement for April 30: Linda Miller
- Hood River County Reads celebrates its 10th anniversary — 11 years in
- Little free library idea
- Art of Community adds Soderberg-Greene work
- Bike Buddies reports successful weekend event
- Lion King Jr. comes to Wy'east Middle School
- YESTERYEARS: New skate park in planning stages in 1996
- Aubree Olmstead heads Columbia Basin facility
- Heart of Hospice notes Volunteer Appreciation Week
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge