Tuesday, December 4, 2012
U.S. Rep. Greg Walden today announced that he will hold a telephone town hall discussion on Thursday, from 1 to 2 p.m.
Rep. Walden will answer questions from residents of Oregon’s Second District on a variety of topics, including ways to get our economy going.
“These telephone town halls are another effective way for me to hear from the people I work to represent,” Walden said.
RSVP by 5 p.m. PST on Dec. 5. To register, contact Rep. Walden’s office toll-free at 1-800- 533-3303.
More like this story
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
- Sports briefs for May 24
- Fresh and Local: Farmers Markets in the Gorge
- Gorge Scenic Area planning grant uncertain
- Wrong-way chase and arrest
- Ex-deputy sentenced for luring a minor
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge