Tuesday, December 4, 2012
U.S. Rep. Greg Walden today announced that he will hold a telephone town hall discussion on Thursday, from 1 to 2 p.m.
Rep. Walden will answer questions from residents of Oregon’s Second District on a variety of topics, including ways to get our economy going.
“These telephone town halls are another effective way for me to hear from the people I work to represent,” Walden said.
RSVP by 5 p.m. PST on Dec. 5. To register, contact Rep. Walden’s office toll-free at 1-800- 533-3303.
More like this story
- Death announcement for May 23: Anna Olson
- Hood River Valley wins 5A boys track title
- Water bottling ban passes, legal questions remain
- Murder suspect bails out, gets jailed again
- On the Marks: Dist. 52 candidates talk next moves
- Women pastors lead all three UCC congregations in the Gorge
- Fresh Start Culinary Arts seeks applicants for summer
- ‘Reimagine Education’ community forum happens May 26
- Entertainment update
- Letters to the editor
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge