Tuesday, December 4, 2012
U.S. Rep. Greg Walden today announced that he will hold a telephone town hall discussion on Thursday, from 1 to 2 p.m.
Rep. Walden will answer questions from residents of Oregon’s Second District on a variety of topics, including ways to get our economy going.
“These telephone town halls are another effective way for me to hear from the people I work to represent,” Walden said.
RSVP by 5 p.m. PST on Dec. 5. To register, contact Rep. Walden’s office toll-free at 1-800- 533-3303.
More like this story
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
- Take precautions as air quality decreases
- ‘Conoce Tu Columbia’ launch party Sept. 19
- Letters to the Editor, Sept. 16 edition
- Another Voice: Eagle Creek Fire: The Gorge will recover
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge