Friday, December 7, 2012
Hood River Yacht Club’s annual Lighted Boat Parade will take place Saturday.
All water craft are encouraged to “get lit and enjoy the fun.”
Circle up in the marina basin at 6:30 p.m. before parading east to the Hood River Inn and then west to the Event Site buoy.
A party will follow the parade in the HRYC clubhouse at 8 p.m. for all participants. Bring either an appetizer or a festive cocktail to share (don’t forget to bring cups).
Voting will be held on the best-dressed boats, with prizes donated by Hood River Inn, Pistil and HRYC. Again this year, the winner will receive an overnight stay and breakfast for two at the Hood River Inn. If you aren’t planning to be on the water, indoor viewing may be had from the Hood River Inn, or there is excellent vantage from either end of the harbor entrance.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge