Friday, December 7, 2012
Hood River Yacht Club’s annual Lighted Boat Parade will take place Saturday.
All water craft are encouraged to “get lit and enjoy the fun.”
Circle up in the marina basin at 6:30 p.m. before parading east to the Hood River Inn and then west to the Event Site buoy.
A party will follow the parade in the HRYC clubhouse at 8 p.m. for all participants. Bring either an appetizer or a festive cocktail to share (don’t forget to bring cups).
Voting will be held on the best-dressed boats, with prizes donated by Hood River Inn, Pistil and HRYC. Again this year, the winner will receive an overnight stay and breakfast for two at the Hood River Inn. If you aren’t planning to be on the water, indoor viewing may be had from the Hood River Inn, or there is excellent vantage from either end of the harbor entrance.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge