Friday, December 7, 2012
Hood River Yacht Club’s annual Lighted Boat Parade will take place Saturday.
All water craft are encouraged to “get lit and enjoy the fun.”
Circle up in the marina basin at 6:30 p.m. before parading east to the Hood River Inn and then west to the Event Site buoy.
A party will follow the parade in the HRYC clubhouse at 8 p.m. for all participants. Bring either an appetizer or a festive cocktail to share (don’t forget to bring cups).
Voting will be held on the best-dressed boats, with prizes donated by Hood River Inn, Pistil and HRYC. Again this year, the winner will receive an overnight stay and breakfast for two at the Hood River Inn. If you aren’t planning to be on the water, indoor viewing may be had from the Hood River Inn, or there is excellent vantage from either end of the harbor entrance.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge