Friday, December 7, 2012
Hood River Yacht Club’s annual Lighted Boat Parade will take place Saturday.
All water craft are encouraged to “get lit and enjoy the fun.”
Circle up in the marina basin at 6:30 p.m. before parading east to the Hood River Inn and then west to the Event Site buoy.
A party will follow the parade in the HRYC clubhouse at 8 p.m. for all participants. Bring either an appetizer or a festive cocktail to share (don’t forget to bring cups).
Voting will be held on the best-dressed boats, with prizes donated by Hood River Inn, Pistil and HRYC. Again this year, the winner will receive an overnight stay and breakfast for two at the Hood River Inn. If you aren’t planning to be on the water, indoor viewing may be had from the Hood River Inn, or there is excellent vantage from either end of the harbor entrance.
More like this story
- Death announcements for Aug. 24: Elizabeth Jordan and Juanita Macdougall
- Public Records: Marriage permits, July 2016
- Pet of the Week: JellyBean is still waiting for his forever family
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- Cemetery Tales tickets go on sale
- Concerts at Timberline, Oneonta tunnel part of 10-concert Noack series
- Parks District narrows director search to two
- Talking about bags
- Heat advisory and fire alerts form double dose of late-August caution
- ‘Un Dia de Teatro’ — a free dance, music, theater event
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge