Friday, December 7, 2012
The annual Tree of Remembrance ceremony will be Dec. 13 at Anderson’s Tribute Center beginning at 6 p.m.
Attendees will receive an ornament to be placed on the Tree of Remembrance in memory of a loved one. Small photographs, mementos, poems or letters may be brought to place inside the ornament.
Craft materials will be supplied to personalize the ornaments, which will remain on the tree throughout the holiday season and may be picked up in January.
Those who wish may also stop by Anderson’s anytime between now and the service to decorate and hang an ornament.
The service will feature pianist Kristie Mitchell, words of comfort from Chaplain Mark Thomas, of providence Hood River Memorial Hospital, and Father Ronald Maag of St. Mary’s Catholic Church; soloists Molly Schwarz and Jo Herring; words of hope from Pastor Vicky Stifter, of Riverside Community Church; a reading of names by Chaplain Jan Schering and Susan Frost; a medley of music by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Children’s Choir; and words of encouragement by Bishop Lowell Colton of the LDS church.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge