Friday, December 7, 2012
The annual Tree of Remembrance ceremony will be Dec. 13 at Anderson’s Tribute Center beginning at 6 p.m.
Attendees will receive an ornament to be placed on the Tree of Remembrance in memory of a loved one. Small photographs, mementos, poems or letters may be brought to place inside the ornament.
Craft materials will be supplied to personalize the ornaments, which will remain on the tree throughout the holiday season and may be picked up in January.
Those who wish may also stop by Anderson’s anytime between now and the service to decorate and hang an ornament.
The service will feature pianist Kristie Mitchell, words of comfort from Chaplain Mark Thomas, of providence Hood River Memorial Hospital, and Father Ronald Maag of St. Mary’s Catholic Church; soloists Molly Schwarz and Jo Herring; words of hope from Pastor Vicky Stifter, of Riverside Community Church; a reading of names by Chaplain Jan Schering and Susan Frost; a medley of music by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Children’s Choir; and words of encouragement by Bishop Lowell Colton of the LDS church.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge