Friday, December 7, 2012
The annual Tree of Remembrance ceremony will be Dec. 13 at Anderson’s Tribute Center beginning at 6 p.m.
Attendees will receive an ornament to be placed on the Tree of Remembrance in memory of a loved one. Small photographs, mementos, poems or letters may be brought to place inside the ornament.
Craft materials will be supplied to personalize the ornaments, which will remain on the tree throughout the holiday season and may be picked up in January.
Those who wish may also stop by Anderson’s anytime between now and the service to decorate and hang an ornament.
The service will feature pianist Kristie Mitchell, words of comfort from Chaplain Mark Thomas, of providence Hood River Memorial Hospital, and Father Ronald Maag of St. Mary’s Catholic Church; soloists Molly Schwarz and Jo Herring; words of hope from Pastor Vicky Stifter, of Riverside Community Church; a reading of names by Chaplain Jan Schering and Susan Frost; a medley of music by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Children’s Choir; and words of encouragement by Bishop Lowell Colton of the LDS church.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge