Friday, December 7, 2012
The annual Tree of Remembrance ceremony will be Dec. 13 at Anderson’s Tribute Center beginning at 6 p.m.
Attendees will receive an ornament to be placed on the Tree of Remembrance in memory of a loved one. Small photographs, mementos, poems or letters may be brought to place inside the ornament.
Craft materials will be supplied to personalize the ornaments, which will remain on the tree throughout the holiday season and may be picked up in January.
Those who wish may also stop by Anderson’s anytime between now and the service to decorate and hang an ornament.
The service will feature pianist Kristie Mitchell, words of comfort from Chaplain Mark Thomas, of providence Hood River Memorial Hospital, and Father Ronald Maag of St. Mary’s Catholic Church; soloists Molly Schwarz and Jo Herring; words of hope from Pastor Vicky Stifter, of Riverside Community Church; a reading of names by Chaplain Jan Schering and Susan Frost; a medley of music by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Children’s Choir; and words of encouragement by Bishop Lowell Colton of the LDS church.
More like this story
- Service Announcements for Aug. 19 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Death Notices for Aug. 19 edition: Judith Harmon, Everett Marvel, Edward Leiblein, Joseph Aragon, Rodney VanRiper, Mary Fields, Luis Rodriguez Ayala and Maurine Wattles
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge