Friday, December 7, 2012
THE DALLES — Gorge Hoops League semifinals happen Saturday starting at 6:15 p.m. with Pee Wee’s Auto Detail of Hood River taking on Indian Outlaws, followed by The Dalles vs Sarsfield Cattle at 7:30 p.m.
The winners will meet Sunday at 7:30 p.m. for the championship. All games are free and played at Wahtonka Gym.
Quarter final scores were: Sarsfield Cattle 65 - Fury 64; Pee Wee’s 74 - Low End Theory 65; Indian Outlaws 87 - River Monsters 69; The Dalles 93 - Lucky 13 55.
More like this story
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge