Friday, December 7, 2012
THE DALLES — Gorge Hoops League semifinals happen Saturday starting at 6:15 p.m. with Pee Wee’s Auto Detail of Hood River taking on Indian Outlaws, followed by The Dalles vs Sarsfield Cattle at 7:30 p.m.
The winners will meet Sunday at 7:30 p.m. for the championship. All games are free and played at Wahtonka Gym.
Quarter final scores were: Sarsfield Cattle 65 - Fury 64; Pee Wee’s 74 - Low End Theory 65; Indian Outlaws 87 - River Monsters 69; The Dalles 93 - Lucky 13 55.
More like this story
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
- Sports briefs for May 24
- Fresh and Local: Farmers Markets in the Gorge
- Gorge Scenic Area planning grant uncertain
- Wrong-way chase and arrest
- Ex-deputy sentenced for luring a minor
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge