Friday, December 7, 2012
El Tigra, the fifth-grade Westside Robotics team, won the ACE Award (Advancement to Championship Event) for outstanding achievement in all four categories of the competition last weekend at the Columbia Gorge First Lego League Tournament in The Dalles. This means they are also invited to participate at the state competition in Hillsboro.
Meanwhile, Robo Dragons, a May Street Elementary First Lego League (FLL) team took first place at The Dalles Middle School on Sunday Dec. 2., in one of three Columbia Gorge qualifying tournaments.
The team of fourth and fifth graders has been working since September on their robot design, programming and research project in preparation for this event. The Robo Dragons qualified for the FLL State Tournament to be held in Beaverton on Jan. 19 and 20.
Families and robot lovers of all ages are invited to watch the fun at the third qualifying tournament of the Gorge Lego League this weekend.
The free event will be held from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Dec. 8 at Wy’east Middle School (3000 Wy’east Road near Odell).
The tournament is a local qualifier for the international FLL robotics competition for kids ages 9 to 14. Winners will travel to the state tournaments in Hillsboro in January.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge