Friday, December 7, 2012
The Next Door is pleased to announce that Dennis Carlson is its 2012 Volunteer of the Year. Since 2006, The Next Door has been recognizing outstanding volunteers to receive the Dana Lance Volunteer of the Year award, named in honor of founding board member Dana Lance.
This past year, Next Door employees voted unanimously in favor of Dennis Carlson to receive the award. Carlson, a Master Gardener, has been instrumental in the setup of both the Klahre House School garden and the Raices/Roots Community Garden, located on Barker Road.
More like this story
- The Porch for May 20
- Columbia Center offers Summer Arts class scholarships
- HR Valley Residents Committee: ‘Long-term watchdogs’ celebrate Sunday
- Parkdale teacher wins ‘Math Excellence Award’
- Letters to the Editor for May 20
- Morrison Park: Yes to re-zone, but dig in first
- Another Voice: Mexico: my thoughts and personal experiences
- Police Log, April 24 to May 14
- ‘No’ on NORCOR bond, close races for Port, Schools
- Moro: Azure weed plan takes root
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge