Friday, December 7, 2012
The Next Door is pleased to announce that Dennis Carlson is its 2012 Volunteer of the Year. Since 2006, The Next Door has been recognizing outstanding volunteers to receive the Dana Lance Volunteer of the Year award, named in honor of founding board member Dana Lance.
This past year, Next Door employees voted unanimously in favor of Dennis Carlson to receive the award. Carlson, a Master Gardener, has been instrumental in the setup of both the Klahre House School garden and the Raices/Roots Community Garden, located on Barker Road.
More like this story
- Death Notices, Oct. 18 edition:
- Service Announcement, Oct. 18 edition: Jack Thornton
- ‘Heart of Gold’ nominations sought
- Slowdowns on I-84 Thursday due to blasting
- Distillers’ welcome
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 14 edition
- Wyden joins colleagues urging gun violence research renewal
- Sheriff Log, Sept. 22 to Oct. 8
- Police Log, Oct. 2 to 8
- HRV boys soccer continues to battle despite ‘ugly’ play
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge