Friday, December 7, 2012
Looking for a fun, free morning activity for you and your child under 6 years old? Come to the Hood River Play Group on Mondays from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at Riverside Church, Fourth and State streets downtown. Free parking is available behind the church.
Originally the group was meeting at 9-10:30 a.m. but the new later time sounds better to parents and children.
At upcoming play groups are Mondays, Dec. 10 and 17, parents and children will play, meet new friends and enjoy having lots of fun together. There are toys, a kitchen, dress-up clothes, building blocks and snacks.
This is a great opportunity for your child, age 0-5, to socialize, have fun and blow off steam, and you can make new friends, too.
For more information call Mary Sather, 541-399-4056, or Nancy Johanson Paul, 541-490-5330. You can find out more information about play groups and other resources for parents at www.nextdoorinc.org.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge