Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Gift cards for our Oregon National Guard families are much appreciated during the holiday season. Many of the families of deployed soldiers have financial difficulties, and especially during this expensive time of year.
The gift cards distributed by programs under the direction of Gen. Mike Caldwell are to offer some relief and demonstrate our appreciation of the efforts of our soldiers.
Citizens can help provide some relief at this time of year, by sending gift cards to the Oregon National Guard. Purchase a gift card for any amount, for grocery’s, toys or fuel. Send the gift cards to Caldwell, who will distribute the gift cards to the neediest of the Oregon National Guard Families all around our state. It’s a great way to let our soldiers and their families know that we appreciate them.
Send gift cards to: Gen. Mike Caldwell, Oregon National Guard, P.O. Box 14350. Salem, OR 97309.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge