Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Gift cards for our Oregon National Guard families are much appreciated during the holiday season. Many of the families of deployed soldiers have financial difficulties, and especially during this expensive time of year.
The gift cards distributed by programs under the direction of Gen. Mike Caldwell are to offer some relief and demonstrate our appreciation of the efforts of our soldiers.
Citizens can help provide some relief at this time of year, by sending gift cards to the Oregon National Guard. Purchase a gift card for any amount, for grocery’s, toys or fuel. Send the gift cards to Caldwell, who will distribute the gift cards to the neediest of the Oregon National Guard Families all around our state. It’s a great way to let our soldiers and their families know that we appreciate them.
Send gift cards to: Gen. Mike Caldwell, Oregon National Guard, P.O. Box 14350. Salem, OR 97309.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge