Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Gorge Marathon, held Oct. 28, has helped encourage fitness in the upper valley schools.
Fran Rabaliati, Elementary PE specialist at Mid Valley and Parkdale schools, writes:
“During the fall we run laps so we can earn miles toward marathon medals. The students love the medals but I love them exercising and becoming active.
“The Gorge Marathon also adds an incentive: T-shirts for the past three years. This year they had a blue T-shirt for 13.1 miles and a gold T-shirt for 26.2 miles.”
Breakaway Promotions, Chad Sperry and Gorge Spine Physical Therapy’s Tom Moline sponsor these shirts at an assembly. The kids were recognized individually and praised! “We had well over 100 kids receive these T-shirts,” said Rabaliati.
“I’m so thankful for Chad and Tom for making a difference in my schools.”
The marathon returns on Oct. 27, 2013.
For details see:
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge