Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Gorge Marathon, held Oct. 28, has helped encourage fitness in the upper valley schools.
Fran Rabaliati, Elementary PE specialist at Mid Valley and Parkdale schools, writes:
“During the fall we run laps so we can earn miles toward marathon medals. The students love the medals but I love them exercising and becoming active.
“The Gorge Marathon also adds an incentive: T-shirts for the past three years. This year they had a blue T-shirt for 13.1 miles and a gold T-shirt for 26.2 miles.”
Breakaway Promotions, Chad Sperry and Gorge Spine Physical Therapy’s Tom Moline sponsor these shirts at an assembly. The kids were recognized individually and praised! “We had well over 100 kids receive these T-shirts,” said Rabaliati.
“I’m so thankful for Chad and Tom for making a difference in my schools.”
The marathon returns on Oct. 27, 2013.
For details see:
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge