Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Gorge Marathon, held Oct. 28, has helped encourage fitness in the upper valley schools.
Fran Rabaliati, Elementary PE specialist at Mid Valley and Parkdale schools, writes:
“During the fall we run laps so we can earn miles toward marathon medals. The students love the medals but I love them exercising and becoming active.
“The Gorge Marathon also adds an incentive: T-shirts for the past three years. This year they had a blue T-shirt for 13.1 miles and a gold T-shirt for 26.2 miles.”
Breakaway Promotions, Chad Sperry and Gorge Spine Physical Therapy’s Tom Moline sponsor these shirts at an assembly. The kids were recognized individually and praised! “We had well over 100 kids receive these T-shirts,” said Rabaliati.
“I’m so thankful for Chad and Tom for making a difference in my schools.”
The marathon returns on Oct. 27, 2013.
For details see:
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
- Letters to the Editor for July 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge