Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Gorge Marathon, held Oct. 28, has helped encourage fitness in the upper valley schools.
Fran Rabaliati, Elementary PE specialist at Mid Valley and Parkdale schools, writes:
“During the fall we run laps so we can earn miles toward marathon medals. The students love the medals but I love them exercising and becoming active.
“The Gorge Marathon also adds an incentive: T-shirts for the past three years. This year they had a blue T-shirt for 13.1 miles and a gold T-shirt for 26.2 miles.”
Breakaway Promotions, Chad Sperry and Gorge Spine Physical Therapy’s Tom Moline sponsor these shirts at an assembly. The kids were recognized individually and praised! “We had well over 100 kids receive these T-shirts,” said Rabaliati.
“I’m so thankful for Chad and Tom for making a difference in my schools.”
The marathon returns on Oct. 27, 2013.
For details see:
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda