Tuesday, December 11, 2012
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Tigger as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“Your guess is as good as ours about the breed on this one, but nonetheless, this good lookin’ little guy gets all the girls’ attention! Not only is Tigger perfectly cute, he’s also adorably precious!
“Tigger is about 1-2 years old, maybe 15 pounds and has a gorgeous coat he’s quite proud of. But he doesn’t like getting his picture taken and tolerates the paparazzi for only so long and then he’s off again, looking for someone or something to play with!
“Tigger used to be very timid and shy, but the other dogs at the shelter have shown him how to have fun and now he’s quick to join in the game — any game — and put on his brave face and do his best to have a blast!
“And, boy, does he have a blast! It’s so funny to watch him follow the other dogs in chase. He’s not sure about fetch, yet. But that’s OK. He’s a happy fella!”
Tigger is neutered, current on shots and micro-chipped. The adoption fee for Tigger is $185; cash or check only, please. The adoption fee is charged to help recover standard average veterinary expenditures for each dog.
Please call ahead to meet Tigger at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at www.hoodriveradopt-adog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
The Adopt A Dog program offers 24PetWatch microchips, which include free registration into the 24PetWatch pet recovery service.
(For more information visit www.24petwatch.com or call 866-597-2424.)
More like this story
- Three people, and a dog, survive capsizing in Columbia near Wyeth
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 27: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge