Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Hood River Valley High School students get to have some fun with this week in two ways while raising money for FISH food bank.
n Polar bear car wash — from noon to 3 p.m., Saturday, HRVHS football captain Eli Fults, boys basketball captain Luke Kopecky and varsity soccer player Oscar Becerra will all be wearing bikinis at the Polar Bear Car Wash this Saturday to help raise money for FISH Food Bank.
The car wash happens in the Columbia State Bank parking lot, across from Safeway. Fully clad female classmates will be doing the actual washing.
n Van smash — Rivers Edge Towing has donated a derelict Chevy Astro van to be delivered today to HRVHS. Students can hit the car with a baseball bat or sledgehammer, at $1 per smash.
The Astro was a non-functional abandoned vehicle. “If we can get good use out of it, great; normally we donate them to the fire department,” said Rivers Edge owner Jason Shaner.
More like this story
- Service Announcements for Dec. 13: Eldon Behney and Douglas Evans
- Death Notices for Dec. 13:
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 9
- Good Cheer: Small adjustments keep help flowing
- Editor's Notebook: A modest, six-figure solution to NCAA coaching salary excess
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge