Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Hood River Valley High School students get to have some fun with this week in two ways while raising money for FISH food bank.
n Polar bear car wash — from noon to 3 p.m., Saturday, HRVHS football captain Eli Fults, boys basketball captain Luke Kopecky and varsity soccer player Oscar Becerra will all be wearing bikinis at the Polar Bear Car Wash this Saturday to help raise money for FISH Food Bank.
The car wash happens in the Columbia State Bank parking lot, across from Safeway. Fully clad female classmates will be doing the actual washing.
n Van smash — Rivers Edge Towing has donated a derelict Chevy Astro van to be delivered today to HRVHS. Students can hit the car with a baseball bat or sledgehammer, at $1 per smash.
The Astro was a non-functional abandoned vehicle. “If we can get good use out of it, great; normally we donate them to the fire department,” said Rivers Edge owner Jason Shaner.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge