Friday, December 14, 2012
According to Sgt. Julie Wilcox, on Dec. 11, at approximately 9:40 p.m., Oregon State Police Northern Command Center dispatch was notified of a vehicle traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes of Interstate 84 west of Bonneville Dam.
OSP troopers from Portland and The Dalles were trying to get in position to find the vehicle when at 9:45 p.m. another report came in about a head-on collision west of Cascade Locks in the westbound lanes.
A 2004 Nissan Maxima driven by David L. Brown, 55, from Milwaukie, was traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes near milepost 42. A 2010 Dodge Caravan driven by John B. Clack, 63, from Salem, was westbound in the left lane passing a commercial truck and semi-trailer when Clack saw a vehicle coming toward him.
Clack tried to avoid the oncoming vehicle, moving toward the side of the semi-trailer when the Dodge and Nissan collided nearly head-on, according to OSP.
Both drivers were transported by ambulance to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries. Safety restraint use information is not available.
Alcohol is being investigated as a contributing factor for Brown, according to OSP.
OSP troopers were assisted at the scene by Hood River County Sheriff’s Office and Cascade Locks Fire Department.
More like this story
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
- Take precautions as air quality decreases
- ‘Conoce Tu Columbia’ launch party Sept. 19
- Letters to the Editor, Sept. 16 edition
- Another Voice: Eagle Creek Fire: The Gorge will recover
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge