Friday, December 14, 2012
According to Sgt. Julie Wilcox, on Dec. 11, at approximately 9:40 p.m., Oregon State Police Northern Command Center dispatch was notified of a vehicle traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes of Interstate 84 west of Bonneville Dam.
OSP troopers from Portland and The Dalles were trying to get in position to find the vehicle when at 9:45 p.m. another report came in about a head-on collision west of Cascade Locks in the westbound lanes.
A 2004 Nissan Maxima driven by David L. Brown, 55, from Milwaukie, was traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes near milepost 42. A 2010 Dodge Caravan driven by John B. Clack, 63, from Salem, was westbound in the left lane passing a commercial truck and semi-trailer when Clack saw a vehicle coming toward him.
Clack tried to avoid the oncoming vehicle, moving toward the side of the semi-trailer when the Dodge and Nissan collided nearly head-on, according to OSP.
Both drivers were transported by ambulance to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries. Safety restraint use information is not available.
Alcohol is being investigated as a contributing factor for Brown, according to OSP.
OSP troopers were assisted at the scene by Hood River County Sheriff’s Office and Cascade Locks Fire Department.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill