Friday, December 14, 2012
According to Sgt. Julie Wilcox, on Dec. 11, at approximately 9:40 p.m., Oregon State Police Northern Command Center dispatch was notified of a vehicle traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes of Interstate 84 west of Bonneville Dam.
OSP troopers from Portland and The Dalles were trying to get in position to find the vehicle when at 9:45 p.m. another report came in about a head-on collision west of Cascade Locks in the westbound lanes.
A 2004 Nissan Maxima driven by David L. Brown, 55, from Milwaukie, was traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes near milepost 42. A 2010 Dodge Caravan driven by John B. Clack, 63, from Salem, was westbound in the left lane passing a commercial truck and semi-trailer when Clack saw a vehicle coming toward him.
Clack tried to avoid the oncoming vehicle, moving toward the side of the semi-trailer when the Dodge and Nissan collided nearly head-on, according to OSP.
Both drivers were transported by ambulance to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries. Safety restraint use information is not available.
Alcohol is being investigated as a contributing factor for Brown, according to OSP.
OSP troopers were assisted at the scene by Hood River County Sheriff’s Office and Cascade Locks Fire Department.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge