Friday, December 14, 2012
Ski films at Pint Shack Dec. 20
Coming up at the Pint Shack in Hood River:
Monday, Dec. 17 — Open mic night, 7-10 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 19 — Lolo Motion, 7-10 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 20 — The ski film series featuring 70 years of thrills, chills and spills continues. Screening starts at 7 p.m. The Pint Shack, 105 Fourth St., Hood River; 541-387-7600.
Explore the history of Timberline Lodge
Seventy-five years ago, in the throes of the Great Depression, Timberline Lodge was constructed high on the south slopes of Mt. Hood through President Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s Works Progress Administration (WPA). The lodge provided work for hundreds of Oregonian laborers, craftsmen, and artisans. Today, Timberline has a firm respect for its tradition, yet a forward leaning sense of innovation. Learn about the lodge’s historical significance has how it has been preserved as it continues to offer recreation for twenty-first-century visitors.
Join the Columbia Gorge Earth Center on Tuesday, Dec. 18, at Springhouse Cellar in welcoming Timberline’s director of public affairs Jon Tullis to share the history of this Oregon landmark. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Jazz Theater at The Pines
The Hood River Jazz Theater will play a Christmas show of happy, danceable vocal jazz, classic Christmas tunes, swing, blues, and Latin tunes at The Pines Tasting Room on Sunday, Dec. 16, from 2-5 p.m. The Pines Tasting Room, 202 State St., Hood River; 541-993-8301.
‘Hillbillies’ at Volcanic Bottle
On Monday, Dec. 17, it's a Hillbilly Christmas — irreverent and irrelevant holiday tunes from Hood River's own Hapa Hillbillies from 7-9 p.m. at the Volcanic Bottle Shoppe, 1410 12th St., Hood River. Join the holiday fun!
Entertainment listings can be e-mailed to jdrake@ hoodrivernews.com
More like this story
- Marimba ‘Mid Winter Party’
- YESTERYEARS: School District No. 3 projects new high school on May Street in 1926
- Are You Ready? Survival 101
- Lyle School celebrates standout science student
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Imagining a world with no winners and no losers
- The Ale List: Sense of Place lecture focuses on ‘hoppy history’
- Free tax help through April in HR and TD
- Sheriff Log, Jan. 24 to 31
- Police Log, Jan. 25 to 31
- Public Records: Building permits, city, January 2016