Friday, December 14, 2012
HRV varsity boys traveled to Lebanon Tuesday for a matchup against the Mid-Willamette Conference Warriors. A total of 26 turnovers — 18 in the second half — was the nail in the coffin in the Eagles’ 72-55 loss.
Top scorers for HRV were Ryan Wheat with 23 points, Luke Kopecky with 11 and RJ Chavez with seven. The team went on the road Friday to face Franklin (results not available as of press time) and will return home Dec. 18 to host Oregon City at 7 p.m.
HRV 12 15 12 16 Final: 55
Lebanon 14 19 17 22 Final: 72
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge