Friday, December 14, 2012
HRV varsity boys traveled to Lebanon Tuesday for a matchup against the Mid-Willamette Conference Warriors. A total of 26 turnovers — 18 in the second half — was the nail in the coffin in the Eagles’ 72-55 loss.
Top scorers for HRV were Ryan Wheat with 23 points, Luke Kopecky with 11 and RJ Chavez with seven. The team went on the road Friday to face Franklin (results not available as of press time) and will return home Dec. 18 to host Oregon City at 7 p.m.
HRV 12 15 12 16 Final: 55
Lebanon 14 19 17 22 Final: 72
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for April 29
- Library District wins award for Odell Library Express project
- OSU spring plant sale canceled
- HRVHS music students win spots at state championships in May
- Summer youth employment at Next Door
- Patterson takes second at Oregon Speech event
- Delta Kappa marks 50 years, holds Spring Fling Bingo May 13
- Steelhead Robotics returns from World event
- Local students named to OSU honor roll
- Destination Imagination team prepares for Global Finals
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge