Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Deadlines will change for the Dec. 26 and Jan. 2 newspapers, due to Christmas and New Year’s holiday postal schedules.
These are the deadlines for the Dec. 26 and Jan 2 editions (which must be printed by Dec. 23 and Dec. 30 for mail delivery on Dec. 26 and Jan 2.)
n Display ads —Dec. 20 at noon
n Classifieds — Dec. 20 at 3 p.m.
n Legal Ads — Dec. 20 at 9:30 a.m.
n News — Dec. 20 at 5 p.m., general news; Dec. 19, 5 p.m. for any Happenings item.
n Display ads —Dec. 27 at noon
n Classifieds — Dec. 27 at 3 p.m.
n Legal Ads — Dec. 27 at 9:30 a.m.
n News — Dec. 27 at 5 p.m., general news; Dec. 26, 5 p.m. for any Happenings item.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge