Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Anderson at CEBU Lounge
This week at CEBU Lounge:
Friday, Dec. 21: The Lower 48, 9:30 p.m. – Catchy, up-tempo folk-pop/indie-rock. Finding harmonies in the youth's hope and melancholy, The Lower 48 craft folk songs you could swear you have been humming for years. “The upstarts braid together nimble lyrics, haunting harmonies, and deceptively simple arrangements, making the beautiful noises of lives still to be lived.”
Saturday, Dec. 22: Casey Anderson Quartet, 9:30 p.m. — Low-down, dirty jazz-funk. Former Gorge denizen Casey Anderson returns to Cebu with his newest project. From Thelonious Monk to Wayne Shorter, this quartet takes inspiration from all jazz facets. Best Western Hood River Inn, 1108 E. Marina Way; 541-386-2200.
Winter Solstice at Solstice
Come celebrate the Winter Solstice at Solstice Cafe in Bingen this Friday night with live fire dancing (6 p.m. and 8 p.m.) and live belly-dancing performances (7 p.m.). The Bingen fire truck light parade starts at 5:30 p.m. Plan on a super on a super-fun night and be sure to dress warm. Solstice Wood Fire Cafe, 415 W. Steuben, Bingen, Wash.; 509-493-4006.
Ski films at Pint Shack Dec. 20
Coming up at the Pint Shack in Hood River:
Wednesday, Dec. 19 — Lolo Motion, 7-10 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 20 — The ski film series featuring 70 years of thrills, chills and spills continues. Screening starts at 7 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 23 — Christmas Artisan Sale from 1-5 p.m.
The Pint Shack, 105 Fourth St., Hood River; 541-387-7600.
Music, more at Clock Tower
Here are the Clock Tower Ales Events for December:
Dec. 20, 27 — Trivia night at 6:30 p.m.
Dec. 23, 30 — 15 Minutes of Fame at 7 p.m.
Dec. 21 — Holiday Family Sing Along at 7 p.m. with Victor Johnson and Kerry Williams
Dec. 28 — Music from Maiden NW at 9 p.m. (Iron Maiden tribute band)
Clocktower Ales, 311 Union St., The Dalles; 541-296-2602.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge