Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Columbia Art Gallery in Hood River continues its tradition of featuring small works for the Holiday Art Show. Every year, our talented local and regional artists create smaller pieces just in time for the gift-giving season. The show is a great way to find affordable treasures and support local artists! Also back in December – ornaments from potters Dawn Elle and Michele Rigert, and glass artist Charlene Fort.
Gallery Manager Caroline Mead says, “As times remain tough in our country’s economy, it’s important to remember the ways in which we can directly help our local Gorge economy. This holiday season, give a gift that gives back to our community. By purchasing a work of art from Columbia Art Gallery for a friend or family member, you are supporting the Columbia Center for the Arts and, in turn, our community’s local artists.”
In recognition of the holiday season, Columbia Center for the Arts will be open daily from through Christmas Eve, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hours on Dec. 24 will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The center will also be open Dec. 29 and 30th.
Columbia Center for the Arts also has giftcards, which can be used to buy art at the gallery or for any event at the arts center, including plays and performances.
For more information, call Columbia Center for the Arts at 541-387-8877 during Center hours, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge