Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Chris Strader, co-owner or Hood River Jewelers, achieved the Certified Gemologist Appraiser title by the American Gem Society, an association of professional jewelers in the United States and Canada.
To earn the CGA title, Strader, already accredited as a certified gemologist of the society, passed additional requirements to earn this prestigious award. This includes a rigorous two-part exam, including theory questions and practical assignments based on performing a number of accurate, thoroughly detailed complete appraisals on a variety of jewelry items.
In addition, Hood River Jewelers has an accredited gemological laboratory on the premises that includes a binocular microscope, a set of five American Gem Society master diamonds for color grading purposes, gem testing equipment for identification of gemstones, their synthetic counterparts, imitations and treatments, along with a gemological library of reference materials.
The Certified Gemologist Appraiser accreditation is the highest level of achievement in the jewelry industry. Currently, approximately 400 AGS jewelers in North America have earned this prestigious professional title.
“We take great pride in offering the very best personal service to our customers, and in an increasingly complex world, it is important that we constantly retrain to keep up with new trends” said Julie Strader, president of Hood River Jewelers.
The American Gem Society is dedicated to proven ethics, gemological knowledge, and consumer protection. The organization, founded in 1934, is considered the standard of excellence in the jewelry industry. Members are held to high ethical standards in the industry and are recertified annually to maintain their AGS title.
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge