Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Mid Valley Preschool is holding a Holiday Family Potluck on Dec. 19 from 5-6:30-ish p.m. Teacher Socci Galvez says that everyone is welcome, especially if they have small children and want to check out the school, located in the old cafeteria at Mid Valley Elementary School.
Odell Garden Club president Norma Curtis reports that 25 club members met at her house Dec. 11 for the annual December Christmas luncheon. Everyone enjoyed lunch and a present exchange.
Naomi Frisbie, member since 1983, received the Gardener of the Year award. “She has been a diligent, hard-working and faithful member,” says Curtis.
The annual Odell United Methodist Church Christmas Bazaar, held Nov. 30-Dec. 1, was a huge success, says parishioner Jean Stone. Shoppers had a wide variety of handcrafted and homemade items to choose from, from mincemeat pie filling to tie-dye T-shirts, as well as soup and pie. For those who took a chance on the quilt raffle, George and Sophie Imai won.
All are invited to the church’s Christmas Eve service, hosted by the Pine Grove-Odell United Methodist Church. The Dec. 24 service will begin at 4 p.m., with guitarist Ron Newberger providing special music.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge