Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Mid Valley Preschool is holding a Holiday Family Potluck on Dec. 19 from 5-6:30-ish p.m. Teacher Socci Galvez says that everyone is welcome, especially if they have small children and want to check out the school, located in the old cafeteria at Mid Valley Elementary School.
Odell Garden Club president Norma Curtis reports that 25 club members met at her house Dec. 11 for the annual December Christmas luncheon. Everyone enjoyed lunch and a present exchange.
Naomi Frisbie, member since 1983, received the Gardener of the Year award. “She has been a diligent, hard-working and faithful member,” says Curtis.
The annual Odell United Methodist Church Christmas Bazaar, held Nov. 30-Dec. 1, was a huge success, says parishioner Jean Stone. Shoppers had a wide variety of handcrafted and homemade items to choose from, from mincemeat pie filling to tie-dye T-shirts, as well as soup and pie. For those who took a chance on the quilt raffle, George and Sophie Imai won.
All are invited to the church’s Christmas Eve service, hosted by the Pine Grove-Odell United Methodist Church. The Dec. 24 service will begin at 4 p.m., with guitarist Ron Newberger providing special music.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge