Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Mid Valley Preschool is holding a Holiday Family Potluck on Dec. 19 from 5-6:30-ish p.m. Teacher Socci Galvez says that everyone is welcome, especially if they have small children and want to check out the school, located in the old cafeteria at Mid Valley Elementary School.
Odell Garden Club president Norma Curtis reports that 25 club members met at her house Dec. 11 for the annual December Christmas luncheon. Everyone enjoyed lunch and a present exchange.
Naomi Frisbie, member since 1983, received the Gardener of the Year award. “She has been a diligent, hard-working and faithful member,” says Curtis.
The annual Odell United Methodist Church Christmas Bazaar, held Nov. 30-Dec. 1, was a huge success, says parishioner Jean Stone. Shoppers had a wide variety of handcrafted and homemade items to choose from, from mincemeat pie filling to tie-dye T-shirts, as well as soup and pie. For those who took a chance on the quilt raffle, George and Sophie Imai won.
All are invited to the church’s Christmas Eve service, hosted by the Pine Grove-Odell United Methodist Church. The Dec. 24 service will begin at 4 p.m., with guitarist Ron Newberger providing special music.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge