Tuesday, December 18, 2012
The Next Door’s 2013 calendar, entitled “Feathers, Flora and Fauna of the Columbia Gorge,” is available at Rosauers and Waucoma Bookstore for $10.
“We started out just wanting to have a fundraiser that would show the public what we do,” said Next Door Development Manager Heidi Venture.
Now in its sixth year, the calendar features photographs by the Gorge Photography Club and highlights The Next Door’s many programs, including Big Brothers Big Sisters, Families First, New Parent Services, Nuestra Comunidad Sana, Youth and Family Services, Treatment Services Foster Care, Klahre House, and Independent Living Program.
Venture is also excited about a $100,000 matching fund provided by Phil and Judy Jensen in honor of Luhr Jensen and the employees who made the business what it was. Every donation is matched dollar for dollar.
Donations can be dropped off at the office at 965 Tucker Road, Hood River, or online at www.nextdoorinc.org; click the Support Us tab, followed by Ways to Give.
More like this story
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
- Cougar Creek fire creeps north
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge