Tuesday, December 18, 2012
The Next Door’s 2013 calendar, entitled “Feathers, Flora and Fauna of the Columbia Gorge,” is available at Rosauers and Waucoma Bookstore for $10.
“We started out just wanting to have a fundraiser that would show the public what we do,” said Next Door Development Manager Heidi Venture.
Now in its sixth year, the calendar features photographs by the Gorge Photography Club and highlights The Next Door’s many programs, including Big Brothers Big Sisters, Families First, New Parent Services, Nuestra Comunidad Sana, Youth and Family Services, Treatment Services Foster Care, Klahre House, and Independent Living Program.
Venture is also excited about a $100,000 matching fund provided by Phil and Judy Jensen in honor of Luhr Jensen and the employees who made the business what it was. Every donation is matched dollar for dollar.
Donations can be dropped off at the office at 965 Tucker Road, Hood River, or online at www.nextdoorinc.org; click the Support Us tab, followed by Ways to Give.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge