Tuesday, December 18, 2012
The Next Door’s 2013 calendar, entitled “Feathers, Flora and Fauna of the Columbia Gorge,” is available at Rosauers and Waucoma Bookstore for $10.
“We started out just wanting to have a fundraiser that would show the public what we do,” said Next Door Development Manager Heidi Venture.
Now in its sixth year, the calendar features photographs by the Gorge Photography Club and highlights The Next Door’s many programs, including Big Brothers Big Sisters, Families First, New Parent Services, Nuestra Comunidad Sana, Youth and Family Services, Treatment Services Foster Care, Klahre House, and Independent Living Program.
Venture is also excited about a $100,000 matching fund provided by Phil and Judy Jensen in honor of Luhr Jensen and the employees who made the business what it was. Every donation is matched dollar for dollar.
Donations can be dropped off at the office at 965 Tucker Road, Hood River, or online at www.nextdoorinc.org; click the Support Us tab, followed by Ways to Give.
More like this story
- Service Announcements for Aug. 19 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Death Notices for Aug. 19 edition: Judith Harmon, Everett Marvel, Edward Leiblein, Joseph Aragon, Rodney VanRiper, Mary Fields, Luis Rodriguez Ayala and Maurine Wattles
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge