Tuesday, December 18, 2012
The Next Door’s 2013 calendar, entitled “Feathers, Flora and Fauna of the Columbia Gorge,” is available at Rosauers and Waucoma Bookstore for $10.
“We started out just wanting to have a fundraiser that would show the public what we do,” said Next Door Development Manager Heidi Venture.
Now in its sixth year, the calendar features photographs by the Gorge Photography Club and highlights The Next Door’s many programs, including Big Brothers Big Sisters, Families First, New Parent Services, Nuestra Comunidad Sana, Youth and Family Services, Treatment Services Foster Care, Klahre House, and Independent Living Program.
Venture is also excited about a $100,000 matching fund provided by Phil and Judy Jensen in honor of Luhr Jensen and the employees who made the business what it was. Every donation is matched dollar for dollar.
Donations can be dropped off at the office at 965 Tucker Road, Hood River, or online at www.nextdoorinc.org; click the Support Us tab, followed by Ways to Give.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge