Tuesday, December 18, 2012
The Next Door’s 2013 calendar, entitled “Feathers, Flora and Fauna of the Columbia Gorge,” is available at Rosauers and Waucoma Bookstore for $10.
“We started out just wanting to have a fundraiser that would show the public what we do,” said Next Door Development Manager Heidi Venture.
Now in its sixth year, the calendar features photographs by the Gorge Photography Club and highlights The Next Door’s many programs, including Big Brothers Big Sisters, Families First, New Parent Services, Nuestra Comunidad Sana, Youth and Family Services, Treatment Services Foster Care, Klahre House, and Independent Living Program.
Venture is also excited about a $100,000 matching fund provided by Phil and Judy Jensen in honor of Luhr Jensen and the employees who made the business what it was. Every donation is matched dollar for dollar.
Donations can be dropped off at the office at 965 Tucker Road, Hood River, or online at www.nextdoorinc.org; click the Support Us tab, followed by Ways to Give.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge