Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Spirited creativity may be found in both familiar and unfamiliar places within the walls of Hood River Middle School. In the spirit of holiday giving and celebration, on Thursday 7-8:30 p.m., two of the most engaging programs at HRMS will be offering “A Night to Remember,” an evening of music, delicious desserts and a chance to support kids and teachers with vision.
Music program director Rebecca Nederhiser will bring her talented choir and band students to perform holiday music for while guests peruse auction items and munch on home baked goodies, courtesy of teacher Michael Becker’s F.A.C.S. program.
F.A.C.S. is a unique program at HRMS designed to teach in-depth understanding of our food system and the environmental stewardship that sustains it. Incorporating hands-on science experiments, greenhouse work, vegetable gardening, farmers’ market sales and food preparation, Becker’s students experience an expanded view of how natural systems and class work intertwine, leading to enjoyable and edible results.
In Nederhiser’s classes, students learn the fundamentals of music while practicing the advanced social skills of working within ensembles.
For both teachers and their creatively inspiring programs, the fundraiser offers a chance to bring in additional dollars to augment the students’ learning environment.
For more information or to send in a donation to the fundraiser contact Nederhiser at email@example.com.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge