Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Gertrude Porterfield, 94, longtime Hood River resident, passed away Monday, Dec. 16, 2012, at Blue Sky Adult Foster Home in Portland Ore., with her beloved husband Leonard by her side.
A Celebration of Life for family and friends is planned for 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 21, at the Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, Hood River, with Pastor David Presley officiating.
Interment will be held at Upper Valley (Parkdale) Cemetery.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, Or 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge