Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Gertrude Porterfield, 94, longtime Hood River resident, passed away Monday, Dec. 16, 2012, at Blue Sky Adult Foster Home in Portland Ore., with her beloved husband Leonard by her side.
A Celebration of Life for family and friends is planned for 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 21, at the Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, Hood River, with Pastor David Presley officiating.
Interment will be held at Upper Valley (Parkdale) Cemetery.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, Or 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge