Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Gertrude Porterfield, 94, longtime Hood River resident, passed away Monday, Dec. 16, 2012, at Blue Sky Adult Foster Home in Portland Ore., with her beloved husband Leonard by her side.
A Celebration of Life for family and friends is planned for 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 21, at the Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, Hood River, with Pastor David Presley officiating.
Interment will be held at Upper Valley (Parkdale) Cemetery.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, Or 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge