Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Gertrude Porterfield, 94, longtime Hood River resident, passed away Monday, Dec. 16, 2012, at Blue Sky Adult Foster Home in Portland Ore., with her beloved husband Leonard by her side.
A Celebration of Life for family and friends is planned for 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 21, at the Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, Hood River, with Pastor David Presley officiating.
Interment will be held at Upper Valley (Parkdale) Cemetery.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, Or 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge