Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Gertrude Porterfield, 94, longtime Hood River resident, passed away Monday, Dec. 16, 2012, at Blue Sky Adult Foster Home in Portland Ore., with her beloved husband Leonard by her side.
A Celebration of Life for family and friends is planned for 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 21, at the Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, Hood River, with Pastor David Presley officiating.
Interment will be held at Upper Valley (Parkdale) Cemetery.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, Or 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge