Wednesday, December 19, 2012
11:55 Per HR community, indoor soccer tonight is cancelled.
11:35 a.m.: Hood River county schools have announced they will be going on a one hour early release today due to weather.
11:30 a.m.: Traffic is backing up at the intersection of State St./Hwy 35 due to trucks stopping to chain up before proceeding up Hwy 35. Also getting reports that traffic backing up at Exit 64 of I-84.
More like this story
- Highway brush fire in Hood River knocked down
- Yesteryears: Horizon Christian ‘changing skyscape’ with new building in 2006
- Teen pleads not guilty to stabbing HR woman
- Hearings begin this week on Longview coal terminal
- White River campground closed
- EnviroGorge announces bird quiz
- Letters to the Editor for May 25
- Santa Cruz, Fetkenhour April ‘Students of the Month’
- Picard resigns from Hood River city council over STR issue
- Cascade Locks city council continuing with Nestlé plans despite passage of 14-55
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge