Friday, December 21, 2012
Music at Mt Hood Meadows
There’s music and more this winter at Mt. Hood Meadows ski resort. All of the music is hosted in the Vertical Restaurant & Bar in the North Lodge on the third floor. Music is free for all ages unless otherwise noted.
Saturday, Dec. 22, 3-6 p.m. Tony Smiley: Electro Acoustic music featuring original soul-baring songs, improv crowd pleasers, and creative cover mixes. Tony plays the keyboard, drum machine, guitar, tambourine, cowbell, and beat box along with his vocals. His songs are original groove-laden works of art.
Thursday, Dec. 27, 3-6 p.m. Joe Stoddard: Performing a unique blend of high-energy music and comedy. Joe has worked with people like The Beach Boys, Keith Urban, Clint Black and many others. You can expect a large variety of music, oldies, country, rock n’ roll, comedy tunes, folk, R&B originals and more.
Trio at Cascade Cliffs Dec. 29
The MacMillan, McAlexander and Bell Trio will be performing an evening of original music at The Cascade Cliffs Tasting Room on Oak Street in Hood River, on Saturday, Dec. 29, from 5 to 8 p.m. Visit www.jimmacmillan music.com for more information.
Anderson at CEBU Lounge
This week at CEBU Lounge:
Friday, Dec. 21: The Lower 48, 9:30 p.m. – Catchy, up-tempo folk-pop/indie-rock. Finding harmonies in the youth's hope and melancholy, The Lower 48 craft folk songs you could swear you have been humming for years.
Saturday, Dec. 22: Casey Anderson Quartet, 9:30 p.m. — Low-down, dirty jazz-funk. Former Gorge denizen Casey Anderson returns to Cebu with his newest project. From Thelonious Monk to Wayne Shorter, this quartet takes inspiration from all jazz facets. Best Western Hood River Inn, 1108 E. Marina Way; 541-386-2200.
Entertainment listings can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 31: Robert Stratton and Dale Glasgow
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge