Friday, December 21, 2012
The GO! Local Challenge, a way to track local spending and reward shoppers during the holiday season, continues until Jan. 1.
Here’s how it works: Spend at least $50 with three locally owned businesses. Fill out a short online form at www.GorgeOwned/org/local/challenge. Be entered to win prizes.
More than 100 people have already taken the challenge — and nearly a dozen have won gift certificates to local businesses.
More like this story
- After a winless 2014 season, HRV girls team places third at state tournament
- HAHRC BEATS: November is Diabetes Awareness Month
- National Initiative: Mindfulness Center trains ‘Mental Health First Aid’
- Red Cross recommends iron-rich foods prior to blood donation
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 21
- Pitch and Pool: Kudos for fall success, and a look ahead
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Doing what it takes to be the ‘Finest’
- Overlapping ‘Pray for Snow’ parties happen Saturday
- Entertainment Update for Nov. 21
- B Gorge-us Boutique opens, shares space with Gandara
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge