Friday, December 21, 2012
The GO! Local Challenge, a way to track local spending and reward shoppers during the holiday season, continues until Jan. 1.
Here’s how it works: Spend at least $50 with three locally owned businesses. Fill out a short online form at www.GorgeOwned/org/local/challenge. Be entered to win prizes.
More than 100 people have already taken the challenge — and nearly a dozen have won gift certificates to local businesses.
More like this story
- Distillers’ welcome
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 14 edition
- Wyden joins colleagues urging gun violence research renewal
- Sheriff Log, Sept. 22 to Oct. 8
- Police Log, Oct. 2 to 8
- HRV boys soccer continues to battle despite ‘ugly’ play
- Kegler's Corner: Riggleman and Goss Light ‘Em Up
- Sports briefs for Oct. 14
- Strength After Breast Cancer class Oct. 25
- HAHRC Beats: Get into Gorge Happiness Month
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge