Friday, December 21, 2012
HRVHS varsity boys baskeball beats Centennial
Hood River Valley High School varsity boys basketball team traveled to Centennial Thursday to take on the 2-2 Eagles. After a tough battle, the Eagles from Hood River came away with a 60-57 win to better their record to 4-4. The team has a break in action until Jan. 2, when they host South Albany.
HRVHS girls baskeball hosts home tournament
Hood River Valley High School girls basketball hosts the Pink Girls Tournament this weekend, with games Friday and Saturday evening. The schedule is as follows: Friday, HRV JV, 5 p.m. vs. Centennial; HRV varsity, 7 p.m. vs. Centennial. Saturday, HRV JV, 5 p.m. vs. David Douglas; HRV varsity, 7 p.m. vs. David Douglas.
Middle school wrestling starts soon
Facilitated by Hood River Community Education, the middle school wrestling season is set to start Jan. 9 for both Hood River and Wy’east middle school teams. The program is open to wrestlers of all skill levels in grades 6-8. Practices run weekdays from 3:05-5:30 p.m. Registration is required. For more info or to register visit www.hoodriver.k12.or.us or call 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
- Fruit and Craft Fair adds ranch sorting and other events
- Harvest Quilt fundraiser on now
- Kegler's Corner: Jeff Furlong stars at Orchard Lanes
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge