Friday, December 21, 2012
HRVHS varsity boys baskeball beats Centennial
Hood River Valley High School varsity boys basketball team traveled to Centennial Thursday to take on the 2-2 Eagles. After a tough battle, the Eagles from Hood River came away with a 60-57 win to better their record to 4-4. The team has a break in action until Jan. 2, when they host South Albany.
HRVHS girls baskeball hosts home tournament
Hood River Valley High School girls basketball hosts the Pink Girls Tournament this weekend, with games Friday and Saturday evening. The schedule is as follows: Friday, HRV JV, 5 p.m. vs. Centennial; HRV varsity, 7 p.m. vs. Centennial. Saturday, HRV JV, 5 p.m. vs. David Douglas; HRV varsity, 7 p.m. vs. David Douglas.
Middle school wrestling starts soon
Facilitated by Hood River Community Education, the middle school wrestling season is set to start Jan. 9 for both Hood River and Wy’east middle school teams. The program is open to wrestlers of all skill levels in grades 6-8. Practices run weekdays from 3:05-5:30 p.m. Registration is required. For more info or to register visit www.hoodriver.k12.or.us or call 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge