Friday, December 21, 2012
HRVHS varsity boys baskeball beats Centennial
Hood River Valley High School varsity boys basketball team traveled to Centennial Thursday to take on the 2-2 Eagles. After a tough battle, the Eagles from Hood River came away with a 60-57 win to better their record to 4-4. The team has a break in action until Jan. 2, when they host South Albany.
HRVHS girls baskeball hosts home tournament
Hood River Valley High School girls basketball hosts the Pink Girls Tournament this weekend, with games Friday and Saturday evening. The schedule is as follows: Friday, HRV JV, 5 p.m. vs. Centennial; HRV varsity, 7 p.m. vs. Centennial. Saturday, HRV JV, 5 p.m. vs. David Douglas; HRV varsity, 7 p.m. vs. David Douglas.
Middle school wrestling starts soon
Facilitated by Hood River Community Education, the middle school wrestling season is set to start Jan. 9 for both Hood River and Wy’east middle school teams. The program is open to wrestlers of all skill levels in grades 6-8. Practices run weekdays from 3:05-5:30 p.m. Registration is required. For more info or to register visit www.hoodriver.k12.or.us or call 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge