Friday, December 21, 2012
HRVHS varsity boys baskeball beats Centennial
Hood River Valley High School varsity boys basketball team traveled to Centennial Thursday to take on the 2-2 Eagles. After a tough battle, the Eagles from Hood River came away with a 60-57 win to better their record to 4-4. The team has a break in action until Jan. 2, when they host South Albany.
HRVHS girls baskeball hosts home tournament
Hood River Valley High School girls basketball hosts the Pink Girls Tournament this weekend, with games Friday and Saturday evening. The schedule is as follows: Friday, HRV JV, 5 p.m. vs. Centennial; HRV varsity, 7 p.m. vs. Centennial. Saturday, HRV JV, 5 p.m. vs. David Douglas; HRV varsity, 7 p.m. vs. David Douglas.
Middle school wrestling starts soon
Facilitated by Hood River Community Education, the middle school wrestling season is set to start Jan. 9 for both Hood River and Wy’east middle school teams. The program is open to wrestlers of all skill levels in grades 6-8. Practices run weekdays from 3:05-5:30 p.m. Registration is required. For more info or to register visit www.hoodriver.k12.or.us or call 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge