Wednesday, December 26, 2012
“Bigs” and “Littles” celebrated together on Dec. 8, when the Moose Lodge in The Dalles hosted its annual Breakfast with Santa for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Columbia Gorge.
More than 50 Bigs (mentors) and their Littles (youth) participated in the event along with Santa and his special guests, the Grinch and Shrek. The women of the Moose Lodge organized the event, providing breakfast for the participants and gifts for the kids from their wish lists.
Some matches were attending together for the first time, while others participated for the fourth, fifth or even sixth year, making the event a part of their annual holiday celebration.
After opening his gift, one Little exclaimed, “These are the nicest shoes I’ve ever owned!” and couldn’t stop thanking his Big Brother for taking him to the event. All of the kids were both excited and grateful for the generosity of the Moose Lodge.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Columbia Gorge serves Wasco, Hood River and Klickitat counties. The program is always looking for mentors to offer guidance and support to children on its wait lists.
If you have a couple of hours a week, you can change the life of a child for the better. Contact Kristin Reese at 541-436-0305 or email@example.com for more information or visit nextdoorinc.org. Big Brothers Big Sisters is a program of The Next Door.
More like this story
- Gorge Independence Day: Your local guide to July 4th
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge