Wednesday, December 26, 2012
“Bigs” and “Littles” celebrated together on Dec. 8, when the Moose Lodge in The Dalles hosted its annual Breakfast with Santa for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Columbia Gorge.
More than 50 Bigs (mentors) and their Littles (youth) participated in the event along with Santa and his special guests, the Grinch and Shrek. The women of the Moose Lodge organized the event, providing breakfast for the participants and gifts for the kids from their wish lists.
Some matches were attending together for the first time, while others participated for the fourth, fifth or even sixth year, making the event a part of their annual holiday celebration.
After opening his gift, one Little exclaimed, “These are the nicest shoes I’ve ever owned!” and couldn’t stop thanking his Big Brother for taking him to the event. All of the kids were both excited and grateful for the generosity of the Moose Lodge.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Columbia Gorge serves Wasco, Hood River and Klickitat counties. The program is always looking for mentors to offer guidance and support to children on its wait lists.
If you have a couple of hours a week, you can change the life of a child for the better. Contact Kristin Reese at 541-436-0305 or email@example.com for more information or visit nextdoorinc.org. Big Brothers Big Sisters is a program of The Next Door.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge