Wednesday, December 26, 2012
“Bigs” and “Littles” celebrated together on Dec. 8, when the Moose Lodge in The Dalles hosted its annual Breakfast with Santa for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Columbia Gorge.
More than 50 Bigs (mentors) and their Littles (youth) participated in the event along with Santa and his special guests, the Grinch and Shrek. The women of the Moose Lodge organized the event, providing breakfast for the participants and gifts for the kids from their wish lists.
Some matches were attending together for the first time, while others participated for the fourth, fifth or even sixth year, making the event a part of their annual holiday celebration.
After opening his gift, one Little exclaimed, “These are the nicest shoes I’ve ever owned!” and couldn’t stop thanking his Big Brother for taking him to the event. All of the kids were both excited and grateful for the generosity of the Moose Lodge.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Columbia Gorge serves Wasco, Hood River and Klickitat counties. The program is always looking for mentors to offer guidance and support to children on its wait lists.
If you have a couple of hours a week, you can change the life of a child for the better. Contact Kristin Reese at 541-436-0305 or email@example.com for more information or visit nextdoorinc.org. Big Brothers Big Sisters is a program of The Next Door.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda