Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Bonneville Lock and Dam’s visitor centers and recreation areas will be closed all day Dec. 24 and 25. The dam will resume normal operations Wednesday, Dec. 26.
The closure includes the Bradford Island Visitor Center, Bradford Island and Robins Island Recreation centers on the Oregon shore, and the Washington Shore Visitor Center. The centers and recreation areas will also be closed Jan. 1, 2013. The Bonneville Hatchery will be open Dec. 24 with limited operations and will close Dec. 25.
For more details about recreation opportunities at Bonneville, visit:
More like this story
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
- Sports briefs for May 24
- Fresh and Local: Farmers Markets in the Gorge
- Gorge Scenic Area planning grant uncertain
- Wrong-way chase and arrest
- Ex-deputy sentenced for luring a minor
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge