Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Columbia Gorge Community College is sponsoring a free Financial Aid Day in conjunction with College Goal Oregon, at The Dalles and Hood River campuses on Jan. 5.
Anyone can receive free help filling out the FAFSA form for college. Students under 24 should ring a parent or the following parent information: Social Security number, date of birth, and 2011 Federal Tax information (1040s, etc.) for estimation purposes. (The 2013-2014 FAFSA is based off of 2012 tax information and can be updated once taxes are filed.)
Staff will be on hand from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Jan.5 in Room 3.103 in the Health Sciences Building at The Dalles Campus, or in the Library Commons at the Hood River-Indian Creek Campus.
There is no charge for this assistance, so drop in during the hours listed above and get your financial aid going.
Many scholarship and grant applications require an early FAFSA filing. The sooner you file for your 2013-2014 FAFSA, the better!
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge