Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Columbia Gorge Community College is sponsoring a free Financial Aid Day in conjunction with College Goal Oregon, at The Dalles and Hood River campuses on Jan. 5.
Anyone can receive free help filling out the FAFSA form for college. Students under 24 should ring a parent or the following parent information: Social Security number, date of birth, and 2011 Federal Tax information (1040s, etc.) for estimation purposes. (The 2013-2014 FAFSA is based off of 2012 tax information and can be updated once taxes are filed.)
Staff will be on hand from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Jan.5 in Room 3.103 in the Health Sciences Building at The Dalles Campus, or in the Library Commons at the Hood River-Indian Creek Campus.
There is no charge for this assistance, so drop in during the hours listed above and get your financial aid going.
Many scholarship and grant applications require an early FAFSA filing. The sooner you file for your 2013-2014 FAFSA, the better!
More like this story
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
- Take precautions as air quality decreases
- ‘Conoce Tu Columbia’ launch party Sept. 19
- Letters to the Editor, Sept. 16 edition
- Another Voice: Eagle Creek Fire: The Gorge will recover
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge