Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Columbia Gorge Community College is sponsoring a free Financial Aid Day in conjunction with College Goal Oregon, at The Dalles and Hood River campuses on Jan. 5.
Anyone can receive free help filling out the FAFSA form for college. Students under 24 should ring a parent or the following parent information: Social Security number, date of birth, and 2011 Federal Tax information (1040s, etc.) for estimation purposes. (The 2013-2014 FAFSA is based off of 2012 tax information and can be updated once taxes are filed.)
Staff will be on hand from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Jan.5 in Room 3.103 in the Health Sciences Building at The Dalles Campus, or in the Library Commons at the Hood River-Indian Creek Campus.
There is no charge for this assistance, so drop in during the hours listed above and get your financial aid going.
Many scholarship and grant applications require an early FAFSA filing. The sooner you file for your 2013-2014 FAFSA, the better!
More like this story
- Missing woman found dead in Columbia River in HR
- Man flees police in HR, falls to death from cliff
- Truck hauling boulders crashes into trees
- Service Announcement: Auren Mitchell
- Death notices for April 26: Paul Pace, Jr., Paul Henson, Ruth French, William Lytle, Beverly Schmidt and Irene Wester
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge