Wednesday, December 26, 2012
There’s music and more this winter at Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort. All of the music is hosted in the Vertical Restaurant & Bar in the North Lodge on the third floor. Music is free for all ages unless otherwise noted.
n Thursday, Dec. 27, 3-6 p.m. Joe Stoddard: Performing a unique blend of high-energy music and comedy. Joe has worked with people like The Beach Boys, Keith Urban, Clint Black and many others. You can expect a large variety of music, oldies, country, rock n’ roll, comedy tunes, folk, R&B originals and more.
n Friday, Dec. 28, 3-6 p.m.: 4 Nature Sake w/Viasol
Combining elements of jazz, funk, soul, hip hop and electronic, Mt. Hood’s own local emcee rhymes and freestyles about all things Mount Hood.
n Saturday, Dec. 29, 3-6 p.m.: Shook Twins
The Shook Twins intertwine harmonies with an eclectic and eccentric blend of folk, roots, and pop. Identical Portland local twins Laurie Shook (vocals, banjo, percussion and beat box) and Katelyn Shook (vocals, guitar and mandolin) pair with Kyle Volkman on bass.
n Sunday, Dec. 30, 3-6 p.m. Tony Furtado
Furtado is an acoustic bluesman, slide guitarist, banjo wizard and songwriter, with a riveting voice. His own creative interpretation/hybrid of Americana and indie rock is captivating.
n Monday, Dec. 31, 8-12:15 a.m. Keegan Smith and the Fam
A super-fun, high-energy Portland-based band. The sound spectrum ranges from blues to neo-soul, hip-hop to acoustic roots, and reggae to funk. They won Best Live Performance at the 2011 Portland Music Awards.
New Year’s Eve Party, 21-and-older. Multiple guest packages available. www.skihood.com.
More like this story
- Marimba ‘Mid Winter Party’
- YESTERYEARS: School District No. 3 projects new high school on May Street in 1926
- Are You Ready? Survival 101
- Lyle School celebrates standout science student
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Imagining a world with no winners and no losers
- The Ale List: Sense of Place lecture focuses on ‘hoppy history’
- Free tax help through April in HR and TD
- Sheriff Log, Jan. 24 to 31
- Police Log, Jan. 25 to 31
- Public Records: Building permits, city, January 2016