Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Hood River Valley High School senior Kyle Beam has signed a letter of intent to play for the Campbellsville University Tigers in Campbellsville, Ky., in 2013. Beam has been a three-year starter for head coach Erich Harjo as a catcher. In 2012 he was selected as a 5A 1st team All-State player.
Harjo says, “Kyle is a well-rounded individual that came across a great opportunity to take his talent to Kentucky. He had offers from a variety of schools up and down the I-5 corridor, but chose the school that he felt would give him the best of both worlds (school and baseball). We know he’s going to do great things there just like he has at HRV. We’re very proud of him.”
This fall Beam also had a solid senior season on the football field as a defensive back and receiver.
More like this story
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge