Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Hood River Valley High School senior Kyle Beam has signed a letter of intent to play for the Campbellsville University Tigers in Campbellsville, Ky., in 2013. Beam has been a three-year starter for head coach Erich Harjo as a catcher. In 2012 he was selected as a 5A 1st team All-State player.
Harjo says, “Kyle is a well-rounded individual that came across a great opportunity to take his talent to Kentucky. He had offers from a variety of schools up and down the I-5 corridor, but chose the school that he felt would give him the best of both worlds (school and baseball). We know he’s going to do great things there just like he has at HRV. We’re very proud of him.”
This fall Beam also had a solid senior season on the football field as a defensive back and receiver.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge