Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Hood River Valley High School senior Kyle Beam has signed a letter of intent to play for the Campbellsville University Tigers in Campbellsville, Ky., in 2013. Beam has been a three-year starter for head coach Erich Harjo as a catcher. In 2012 he was selected as a 5A 1st team All-State player.
Harjo says, “Kyle is a well-rounded individual that came across a great opportunity to take his talent to Kentucky. He had offers from a variety of schools up and down the I-5 corridor, but chose the school that he felt would give him the best of both worlds (school and baseball). We know he’s going to do great things there just like he has at HRV. We’re very proud of him.”
This fall Beam also had a solid senior season on the football field as a defensive back and receiver.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge